Anybody play brass?

What's Hot
Been playing trumpet for a bit now, and I really want to do it in a band context.

Any other parpers about?

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I play Euphonium :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited November 2015
    One of the things I used to really like about the ska punk scene in early 2000's was bands with brass (and saxophone) sections :) Guess both Jazz and blues bands could also use a little something extra.

Mighty Mighty Boss tones: feel good hit :) live they had a 3 piece brass/sax section

Saying that my favorite band with a trumpet player is the cat empire (happy feel good tunes)

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Did have a brief fling with a trombone but it wasn't a very good one and it eventually sort of fell apart. Loud as hell which doesn't make them very neighbour friendly unfortunately.
  • I play Tenorhorn (Eb Horn)
  • Trombone. Brass band. Thought I would get a call from The Specials when Rico left us!
  • pauladspaulads Frets: 495
    edited May 2019
    I used to play a lot when i was young 'un...i grew up around brass bands. My dad was a pretty good tenor horn player...he played solo horn in Manchester CWS in the mid 1950's before Gordon Higginbottom took over, when my dad left. Here he is with Maurice Murphy, who went on to be principal trumpet of the LSO and played on Star Wars, Raiders of The Lost Ark, Superman, etc, outside the Albert Hall around 1950 or so...Maurice is front row, centre left and my dad next to him, front row centre right. My Dad played cornet that day, i think. Behind them are their Dads...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom