Yodel (not the singing in the Alps variety)

What's Hot
Bought myself a guitar shaped present on ebay and have received the devastating news that it's being delivered by Yodel.

So, assuming they manage to deliver it at all and don't throw it over the neighbours fence or into a pond, does anyone know if they deliver at weekends?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• They do, but it'll depend on what the seller has booked.

• Yodel 48 hour service, picked up yesterday.
  • Yodel 48 hour service, picked up yesterday.

Won't be Saturday then.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited November 2013
    Sorry, that was a quick reply but I had to deal with something else....anyway the 48 hours service is '2 working days', not a premium service with a Saturday delivery option.
  • They may deliver part of it on Saturday and the rest on Monday.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Only used them once,had to return the item,absolutely destroyed.The firm I used said it wasn't the first time and no longer use them.
  • you could ask the seller for the tracking number then check it in the morning.. sometimes deliveries can happen on a saturday even though its on a non saturday service.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    edited November 2013
    They may deliver part of it on Saturday and the rest on Monday.
    but not necessarily to the same address, and certainly not when anyone is home
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • I'd cancel & buy from somewhere that doesn't use them...
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I'm intrigued to learn which bits they will deliver.

• GizmoGizmo Frets: 1072
    Yodel delivered a prs tremonti se for me a few years back with out any problems (it was hard cased and boxed though) apart from the fact it turned up on a saturday morning not a friday afternoon as was expected but that was before they started to employ any old joe blogs with a van to drop stuff off!

My last encounter with them was earlier this year when one such JB left a Computer Motherboard id ordered half burried in a Snow Bank under a tree at the back of my house (it backs onto a community walkway/open gardens area) i caught him just leaving after he'ed signed his own paperwork as myself saying id received the item....Gave him what for telling him he was a right dumb ass and then contacted Yodel via email to complain,never got a reply and now if i see there name on anything delivery wise i just take my business elsewhere.
  • Maybe I should have turned it into a poll and competition:

How many pieces will the guitar arrive in?
    5+

Winner selected at random, will receive a used plectrum and some indigestion tablets.
    got to say I thought Yodel were a relatively new outfit. less than 18 months old........
  • bertie said:
    got to say I thought Yodel were a relatively new outfit. less than 18 months old........
    They're what used to be the uk arm of DHL and the home delivery network. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3851
    I've only had two deliveries from Yodel. One never turned up (even though they'd marked it as delivered) and with the other one the woman driver started just telling me all about her private life and how she couldn't afford to feed her child. I thought she was gonna try it on with me so i made my excuses and shut the door sharpish!
    Ive had about three issues with them on the "receiving end"     one (which Ive mentioned before) they  first claimed to have tried to delivered it and left a card,  twice,  then that they couldnt find my address............in the end the sending co.  had to order a taxi to go to the yodel depot to pick up the parcel and delivery to me. 
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Not wishing to ramp up your stress over this but only one transaction involving Yodel went well (if slow and PITA) for me.

At least as a buyer if it goes nipples to the wind EBay/PayPal always find in the buyers favour these days and normally in a decent time scale.
  • Arrived yesterday afternoon - in one piece!!

Now, on a scale of miracles, I'd rank that up there with the immaculate conception.
  • I know we all reassured you everything would all be fine but I'm glad it turned of alright for you.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I've personally had no issues receiving from them. But you do hear so many horror stories, glad it worked out mate.