Tc flashback views

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I was told the Flashback and x4 were one of the few delay pedals that doesn't trash your tone

Yup, this is one of the great things about the Flashback - there's always a dry-through signal. This has the frankly wonderful benefit of being able to add modulation to your repeats but keep your actual tone intact for the main signal. Sounds amazing - much better than the DL-8, IMO.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    not_the_dj;83370" said:
    hugbot said:

If it did

A) self oscillation

B) tap tempo

Id have one on my board now, but I need that sound.

There are toneprints that self oscillate. I use the Pete Thorn Modulated Delay. 
    They sound kind of off though.
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    I thought I d never need a delay other than my EHX memory boy Dlx but the TC has been as good and the reduced footprint is a huge gain. I have ditto for loops but may soon move it as the looper in the flashback is good enough. Good quality and vfm IMHO..
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I'm honestly temped to by another one (my 3rd) cause it is a fantastic sounding pedal. Good dry thru as well.
  •   I have one, and it's pretty much everything stated above.  I do find myself not using more than a fraction of it's functions, though. 

To be honest, I prefer the sound of my Carbon Copy analog delay.  Both with and without the modulation.  That pedal DEFINITELY self oscillates.  I actually thought I'd broken it the first time it did that lol!  I prefer the tape echo/analog kind of delay, and the CC specializes in it.  The Flashback gives me all the other options!  ( well, except for multi-tap...  Which I do have in my Mustang)
  • It's great. The X4 has loop level as well, and some of the more sci-fi toneprints leave you with a big grin on your face. 
  • I love mine, albeit it's an Alter Ego as I wanted the DMM toneprint too as they've always had one of my favourite decays on repeats.

It's the first delay that I've really connected with and I find myself using it more & more, and in different ways. The looper is fun too, I can see myself picking up a Ditto eventually to play with. B-)
  • a bit of a daft question maybe, but did everyones flashback come with an instruction manual. mine arrived today and it looks to me like its ex demo or certainly been out of the box. finger prints all over it and no instructions.

i think guitar guitar will be getting a ranty call in the morning!

The Swamp City Shakers
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I bought used so no use to you here I'm afraid. 

I'm absolutely loving my space echo setting, set that up. It will appease your anger at least temporarily.  
  • Deijavoo said:
    I bought used so no use to you here I'm afraid. 

I'm absolutely loving my space echo setting, set that up. It will appease your anger at least temporarily.  

:P
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1263
    edited November 2013

a bit of a daft question maybe, but did everyones flashback come with an instruction manual. mine arrived today and it looks to me like its ex demo or certainly been out of the box. finger prints all over it and no instructions.

i think guitar guitar will be getting a ranty call in the morning!

Mine came with a single sheet / multi language 'manual', if I remember. But I believe it's now a download-only pdf manual - go to tc electronic's support and you'll find it.
  • Yeah mine had a sheet style instructions not a booklet. You can download it, but it does sound like GG have sent an opened one. Although IIRC I didn't get a sheet with my Alter Ego. Is the USB lead in the box?
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    you can download the manual
  • Yeah mine had a sheet style instructions not a booklet. You can download it, but it does sound like GG have sent an opened one. Although IIRC I didn't get a sheet with my Alter Ego. Is the USB lead in the box?

yeh got the lead, just a bit pissed off that someone has had their grubby mits on it. i'm sure its fine, but when you buy something new you kind of want it, new!
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    It should have been factory sealed and shiny or it shouldn't be sold as new. I'd try to get some cash back, a few goodies, or get another guaranteed new on sent. But that's just me!