eBay "bargain"

What's Hot
http://bit.ly/1e8F2Fy

Surely for that money you'd expect a bit more.... Certainty?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I DO HAVE GENUINE 59 LES PAULS AND THIS ONE IS EXACTLY LIKE THE ORIGINALS THAT I HAVE 

Blimey.
  • I ONLY WANT WHAT I PAID FOR IT SEVERAL YEARS AGO, (WORTH MORE NOW I AM TOLD) 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    He's having a laff.
  • I'm sure I've heard of this guy before, the location of Sunderland rings a bell.

Just looked at his other items... the warehouse-full of junk shop crap he's also selling does nothing for his credibility.
  • Sigh...

I think that guitar looks beautiful. Shame it's probably not real. The headstock (the Gibson logo inlay) makes me question its authenticity/originality straight away. Am I right to wonder about that? 

If that was genuine and he'd actually ship overseas and I had the money I'd be all over that guitar like flies on s*** :D
  • Ooo, it has bumblebee caps.  That means it must sound amazing...

...Right?  

In other news, I've no idea whether that's genuine or not but the aging looks nice - the sort of things you can't fake, like the red dye being faded on the top because it was a particular type of dye.  So I'd guess it's, at least, quite old. Relic folks just cannot fake that stuff yet.  

Doesn't mean it's worth £15000, I'd like to know what it is though...
  • That's been discussed on MLP a lot. I think a lot of it looks right and other bits plain wrong.
  • vizviz Frets: 10644
    All I can find is threads about little ponies there :(
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    Lukeage said:
    Sigh...

I think that guitar looks beautiful. Shame it's probably not real. The headstock (the Gibson logo inlay) makes me question its authenticity/originality straight away. Am I right to wonder about that? 
     Exactly what I was thinking. Looks like a chibson with Gibson bling
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    "I only want back what I paid."

I'm sick of seeing this bloody logic. You got ripped off, so I should too? How about...no.
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    Ooo, it has bumblebee caps.  That means it must sound amazing...

...Right?  

In other news, I've no idea whether that's genuine or not but the aging looks nice - the sort of things you can't fake, like the red dye being faded on the top because it was a particular type of dye.  So I'd guess it's, at least, quite old. Relic folks just cannot fake that stuff yet.  

not forgetting the genuine 59 switch tip which will obviously enhance the tone  ;)

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    edited November 2013
    jaygtr;83607" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

...Right?  

It always makes me wonder, how the hell do you prove the age of plastic parts? I've got an original tone knob off my old 78 Strat, but it looks pretty much the same as a modern one, bar a bit of paint rubbed off the numbers.

• streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    edited November 2013
    boogieman;83977" said:
    [quote="jaygtr;83607"]ThePrettyDamned said:

...Right?  

not forgetting the genuine 59 switch tip which will obviously enhance the tone  ;)
    It always makes me wonder, how the hell do you prove the age of plastic parts? I've got an original tone knob off my old 78 Strat, but it looks pretty much the same as a modern one, bar a bit of paint rubbed off the numbers.

[/quote]

Experts on such things just know, instinctively. For the rest of us it's a bleedin' minefield. 

• I like the way he considers the Isle of Wight to be overseas...
    Presumably he must have lost a guitar in the Ventnor triangle. :)
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9983
    edited November 2013 tFB Trader
    I like the way he considers the Isle of Wight to be overseas...
    Presumably he must have lost a guitar in the Ventnor triangle. :)
    Oi ... I'm from the Isle of Wight originally ... and generations of 1st cousins marrying 1st cousins has give us the right to consider ourselves a breed apart ... and causes some confusion on father's day too :)
    Ventnor is a fine upstanding little seaside town ... it's Wraxall where they have tails and only one word for wife/sister/mother/sheep ....
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheGuitarWeasel;84127" said:
    Oi ... I'm from the Isle of Wight originally ... and generations of 1st cousins marrying 1st cousins has give us the right to consider ourselves a breed apart ... and causes some confusion on father's day too :)

:)

Despite living just north of Portsmouth for years I've only been to the island once. So if he'd refused to deliver to the IoW because it was like the 1970s I'd have understood. :)

Plus it could be nice having a tail.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    The body is not as he suggests a 50s reneck (the control route is wrong). The logo is so wrong it's untrue. No evidence of nibs.

Worst of all he says I DO HAVE GENUINE 59 LES PAULS  

So not one but Plural. Who else do you know in the UK that has more than one 59 Burst.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    ESBlonde said:
    Who else do you know in the UK that has more than one 59 Burst.
    Music Ground?

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Slightly off topic, but why are 59s more desirable than, say, 58s or 60s?