Custom cable makers in the UK?

I know there's Rob at KaBL and VDC Trading but are there any others? Looking for somebody to make me a custom snake/loom.

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Award session
  • They won't make them.

Any others?
  • Rob at Kabl.
    'nuff said.
  • http://www.bassic-bits.co.uk/

He makes excellent cables...

• Again, no dice!! Keep them coming.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    Why not buy the cables and use cable ties to make a loom? Depending on what you need of course, if your wish is for 6 send/returns in a single sleeve then someone has to spend a couple of hundred on a drum of cable to chop a length off for you, the rest may be unsaleable for a long time/forever.

Your local Pro audio providers often make all their own cables but may not advertise the fact. 

What is it that you need that is so unusual?

• daveyhdaveyh Frets: 682
    ESBlonde said:
    Why not buy the cables and use cable ties to make a loom?

Don't use cable ties for a loom, you run your hand down a loom with them on and you can strip flesh

• I'm about to place an order here http://www.custom-lynx.co.uk for a custom made 5+3 12m xlr loom, didn't think it was too expensive (approx £160 inc VAT), might suit you :)
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867

http://www.bassic-bits.co.uk/

He makes excellent cables...

May not do what the OP needs, but for all else, yeah he's good stuff.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • ESBlonde said:
    Why not buy the cables and use cable ties to make a loom? Depending on what you need of course, if your wish is for 6 send/returns in a single sleeve then someone has to spend a couple of hundred on a drum of cable to chop a length off for you, the rest may be unsaleable for a long time/forever.

Your local Pro audio providers often make all their own cables but may not advertise the fact. 

I don't need anything particularly unusual. I just want four cables - three standard guitar leads and one TRS lead - in a loom, for ease of setting up. I don't want to use cable ties for the reason mentioned.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    Rob at Kabl can make custom stuff. 

Just ask him.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    ESBlonde said:

I don't need anything particularly unusual. I just want four cables - three standard guitar leads and one TRS lead - in a loom, for ease of setting up. I don't want to use cable ties for the reason mentioned.
    Then just buy a length of multicore for 4 mic channels and wire accordingly. Plenty of heat shrink on the ends for protection. I'd say your local Pro audio provider would be best (just don't expect them to do it at the drop of a hat). They are likely to have stock of such cable.

HOWEVER, in a true multicore like that, when one core/strand breaks or goes open circuit, it's not often possible to cut back and put the plug on before the break so the whole expensive cable is junk!
    Putting 4 guitar cables into a loom means when one breaks you cut open the ties and replace that cable and loom it up again. Much more reliable long term and very likely cheaper.

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    edited November 2013
    An alternative to the coily stuff above is looming in the woven sleeve material - what we used to call a finger-trap at school. Much neater, I think.

etc. 

The above points about an internal cable breaking in a custom snake (not to mention if you ever need to add additional cables to the same routing) are very good ones.