Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot

Comments

• MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Yeah, less harem scarem and more of a never ending flood of power.

Comfort wise suppose it depends which 'Blade you had - I think the later ones were more comfortable than the early ones. I owned a 1996 version for about 3 months. What killed it for me (and nearly killed me) was St Albans to Hartland Quay and back in a day (about 500 miles) , to see the Hartland hill climb.

I've never been in so much pain from a day's biking.  

This is the cluprit:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2553
    MtB said:
    Yeah, less harem scarem and more of a never ending flood of power.

Comfort wise suppose it depends which 'Blade you had - I think the later ones were more comfortable than the early ones. I owned a 1996 version for about 3 months. What killed it for me (and nearly killed me) was St Albans to Hartland Quay and back in a day (about 500 miles) , to see the Hartland hill climb.

I've never been in so much pain from a day's biking.  

This is the cluprit:

Beautiful bike mate. My friend has that exact same model, here is his and my 929 at the TT in 2014:

I had a 1992 Fireblade, a US import, in the 90's. Superb bike, very light and of course very fast. Did thousands of miles on it.:

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31576
    I had an 06 and an 08 Blade (the 08 was fantastic), but found myself cruising at much higher average speeds without realising it on big tourers. Watch your licence on that K1200, seriously!
    Will do!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    p90fool said:
    I had an 06 and an 08 Blade (the 08 was fantastic), but found myself cruising at much higher average speeds without realising it on big tourers. Watch your licence on that K1200, seriously!
    Agree.
    I ride faster on the KTM1190 than I do on the S1000R- because the wind protection is so good and you don't feel like you are going that fast.
    Hopefully not duplicating any previous threads, but what bike do you most wish you hadn't sold.

For me it was my 1974 Norton Commando Mk2a. I bought it as an unfinished project and owned it for 7 years. I then completed it with Norvil tank and seat unit and the "S" twin high level pipes. I then had it resprayed, then fitted some super loud Anglo Bike Thruxton "silencers". Finally I converted it back to standard(ish), and then sold it (in 1995) to a guy who exported it to Norway. :(

Here it is in its various guises:

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Beautiful bike mate. I can see why you regretted selling it. I regretted selling the '92 Fireblade in my post above. Needed the money unfortunately!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Love that Commando in the green standard trim. My neighbour had one in black with gold logos and pinstripes that I always lusted after.

The bike I regret not hanging onto was a Velocette Venom that I had in the 70s. The front end got mangled when the archetypal little old lady in a Morris Minor pulled out in front of me without looking. I hit the side of her car and went over the bonnet, smashing myself up quite badly and my crash helmet split. Helmets weren't even compulsory in those days, but my dad insisted I wore one, thank god. The bike was rebuilt after the crash but I never felt the same way about it afterwards, so I sold it and bought my first car. I got £135 for it, I dread to think what it'd be worth now.
    edited March 2016
    I think Venoms tend to go for around £10k these days. The rare and old is not unlike the vintage and rare car market, in that it's attracting more and more investors and non-enthusiasts who are just looking for a temporary safe home for their money. Stuff like 50's Vincents are going for upwards of £50k http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/647/ and restored 1920s and '30s Broughs going for up to £300k 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • midiglitchmidiglitch Frets: 172
    edited March 2016
    Nice to see this thread still running. Some lovely bikes there.
    I traded my cbr600rr in for this back in october.  I commuted on it through the winter (which was at times not mega fun), but this is the first time I think it has been sunny enough and light enough for me to take a decent photo!

Well that was worth the wait!
    Awesome.
    Love that.

Picked up the K1200S on Saturday. Rode 170 miles in total comfort. I already love this bike. It's so smooth, torquey and...fast. It has raised bars fitted and my original intention was to put the original bars back on but after riding it I'm keeping the raised bars as they provide a great riding position. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Looks amazing mate.
    Thanks mate, it really is special.

Did 250 miles on my K1200S today. I really love this bike.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well, I think a FB rideout is required.

Who in this thread is close enough to be able to get to either H's Cafe (OX10 7LY)?
    I propose that as a good departure point for a ride through the Cotswolds.

Once I get an idea of who is up for it I'll propose a few dates and see if it is a goer.
    I can lead the ride, or if someone else wants to do it I don't mind tailgunning.

It shouldn't be a hell for leather ride and I guess we should make it 125 friendly as there are a few people here on those bikes.
    What do you all reckon?
    octatonic said:
    Well, I think a FB rideout is required.

Who in this thread is close enough to be able to get to either H's Cafe (OX10 7LY)?
    I propose that as a good departure point for a ride through the Cotswolds.

Once I get an idea of who is up for it I'll propose a few dates and see if it is a goer.
    I can lead the ride, or if someone else wants to do it I don't mind tailgunning.

It shouldn't be a hell for leather ride and I guess we should make it 125 friendly as there are a few people here on those bikes.
    What do you all reckon?
    H Cafe? I'm in. Happy with 125 friendly too.