Another survivor...

What's Hot
Hello all,

I've been out the game for a few years - had trouble with RSI in my hands so I put the guitars down and pursued other passions.  I kept my instruments though, and every now and again, I'd check in at the MusicRadar forum.  "Imagine my dismay" to find it gone and, seemingly, no action being taken to put it back (at least, not that I can see).  I knew you weren't going to take that lying down so a bit of cyber stalking was required. 

You might be interested to know that I found theFB through the late Jason Morris.  I searched on the word "forum" on the MusicRadar site.  Simon Bradley had posted a brief obituary to Jase using the word "forum" in the text.  After getting over the shock and sadness of finding out he'd passed four years ago and I never knew it, I looked at the youtube/gasfest link that Simon had posted.  Some of you had added comments so I googled ThomasRoss20, Wyniro and Fretwired... which brought me here.  As said on another discussion - it's the fora equivalent of pulling another survivor from the wreckage.

Here's the link to the "not exactly shit, Jason Morris" should you need a refresher.

Anyways, I was a longstanding member at the old place.  There can't be that many of us that remember when Axeman took his knighthood and became Sir Axeman, or the disappearance of Sad Old Man...  but I kept a low profile and did more reading than posting (sorry, not posting, commenting) and I can envisage carrying on that way.  I just wanted to stick my head above the parapet for a moment to say hello and that I'm glad I found you again!  I may even pick up a guitar again... 

Cheers

Neil
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27433
    Welcome to another another survivor - good to have you with us.

:)

If you'd Googled "musicradar forum", at least half of the first page hits bring you to us ... 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Was that trio with him, vibetronic and guitarfreeeek recorded?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Morning.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Welcome back!  I've only just returned, myself.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24193
    Hello squire!

Long time no see!
  • I don't think we've met, but hello anyway.

:)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 356
    Welcome back!

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Welcome back Neil .. I remember Sad Old Man .. he sold me a Mexican Strat and a Tweed Fender Pro Junior and seemed to buy gear on a whim. He gave up guitars and went for big bikes ... a bad move. And the video is a fitting tribute to Jason Morris. I met him at Gasfest and we stayed in touch via email, exchanging CDs of obscure guitarists. A lovely guy who is sadly missed.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom