Hifiwifi

What's Hot
Is there a cheap sort of small transmitter thingy that you can plug into your iphone headphones socket that pings the music off to your hifi where a receiver picks it up so you can walk round the house TheFretboarding while you play through your hifi all the interesting youtube clips that we post?
Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17564
    tFB Trader
    You should be able to send the audio to an apple tv/airport etc. 

You can also get little FM transmitters if you want something more old school. 

• wordywordy Frets: 67
    I thought Q Acoustics did something like that, but I could be wrong  I didn't really look into it in the end.....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Thanks chaps, I was thinking of something more blue-teethed, so plug transmitter into headphone socket of phone and plug receiver into aux-in coax sockets on hifi.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.

Does anyone else know of anything? There are some very expensive units out there but I need something cheap.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26891
    edited November 2013
    iPhones can do music over bluetooth so any bluetooth receiver with an aux-out should work. I don't know of any specific products but searching "Bluetooth Aux Receiver" should bring options if they exist.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557

Would this do the trick?

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/wireless-speaker-adapter

Might not be very HiFi, but the use of Bluetooth may impose the biggest limitation.

That's basically what I'm after I think, except how do you join it to your amp? I would have thought something with coaxial leads out would fly off the shelves.
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    edited November 2013
    Nice. Does it have rca output and what's the range on bluetooth?
    ah, seen the back of it. That's great.
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited November 2013
    viz said:
    Nice. Does it have rca output and what's the range on bluetooth?
     It does and the range is about 6m with no walls in between (in my experience). :)
    10m is fine. So long as it reaches the loo.
  • Do you have a radio on your hi-fi. You can get little FM transmitters that attach to your iPod and you tune your radio to the same frequency. I used to use one in my old car
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    Why not just use an Apple TV and Airplay to get audio from the iOS device to the TV?
    No unnecessary analog to digital conversion stages and is faster over wifi than bluetooth.
    More reliable too.
    I think I'm going to get a small bluetooth dongle oojamaflipflop whatsit.