Diago faulty patch plugs/Excellent customer service

ellangusellangus Frets: 250
edited December 2015 in Made in the UK
Just thought I'd let you all know about my good experience with Diago tonight.

A few weeks ago a bought a Diago Patchfactory Solderless patch Cable System for a fellow forumite. 

On receiving the kit I made up a couple of leads and used them in my setup.

Tonight I came to re-arrange my board and removed various plugs from various pedals.
That was when I noticed that 2 of the Diago plugs had the end bit missing - one stuck in my Strymon Flint, the other in my Bogner Ecstacy Blue! Typical - my two most expensive pedals!!

Luckily I managed to retrieve the ends from the pedals without too much difficulty.

I checked on the Diago website for contact details where I found the MD's mobile number (WOW!)

I phone James Kitchen and left a message (I was 6.30pm so I didn't expect an answer). 5 minutes later I got a call back from him saying he'd listened to my message and was aware of the issue and explained it was due to a dodgy batch of plugs manufactured some time ago. He went on to explain that they had hoped that they had got rid of the batch but some had got through the net.

He told me that I was to take hold of one end of any plugs I had with one hand and with a pair of pliers pull the other end - if it's going to come out it will easily and will be from the faulty batch. If it doesn't, it's fine.

James then told me to throw any faulty plugs in the bin, send him an email with how many were faulty and my address and he will send me replacements and extras in the post.

I call that pretty damn good customer service. To call back, out of hours and replace parts without any question, no asking to see proof of purchase (which would have been fair).

Top bloke, top company.

Well done Diago - I like a company who stands by their goods!

Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Just checked out the reviews of the Diago Patchfactory on Amazon and the two more negative reviews come from users who had the same problem as you. Shame they didn't contact the manufacturer.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2576
    tFB Trader
    Pretty sure I have a Diago power supply that causes significant hum if it is left on too long. but to be honest I thought it was a made in china faceless organization , never even thought to look them up...
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    Get in touch with them. The MD, James Kitchen was a really nice guy - very helpful I told him that 4 of the plugs out of 10 in the box had the problem and he sent me replacements + 4 extra - He didn't even ask me to send the faulty ones back.
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.