SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Good traders list?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    +1 for ianb62, good comms and very helpful
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @dean2371 - you are on the wrong thread Simon :) Good to know though ;)

• dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    I'm easily confused! will move it
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    Why don't we do what they do at Basschat ie people setup a feedback page for themselves, put the link in their signature.
    Then if you've done a good trade someone can post on that persons thread
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17598
    tFB Trader
    bigjon said:
    How about a 'Good Trade' button to replace the late-lamented Facepalms? It would build up to a score that could be checked on someone's profile before entering into a transaction. (My score would be 0, as I did about half-a-dozen deals on MR but none on here!)
    It would be horribly open to abuse. 

I'm planning something similar, but it needs to have certain safeguards in place to keep it honest. 
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    I'm sure something could be setup with Google Docs where you have an entry form (x is leaving feedback for y as a seller/buyer/trader of item z from link www.....) which could then be automatically collated into a master list.

I can have a bit of a play if people are interested in the idea?
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    edited April 2014
    Just my opinion but the existing good traders list works for me! I know it is a ball ache to update (I did it for a year or so on MR) but it is easy to see everyone in one place plus easy for people to actually leave a +1 especially now you can @ someone so they know to do it back.

If an alternative solution does come up it needs to be super easy for people to leave feedback.
    tFB Trader
    Yes I agree. 

I think all it needs is someone with a bit of time to take it on.
    edited April 2014
    Me too..

I'll get the numbers up-to-date, and then look for a willing sinner to take over the reign... :)

• dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    edited April 2014
    Just as a matter of interest, does anyone actually use the Good Traders thread as anything other than a points collection system ?. I'll readily admit I have never checked mine or anyone else's points tally or understand the significance of it really, so we could be putting a lot of time and trouble into a nugatory update. 

YMMV of course and probably does, hence the reason foe this thread but isn't the 'Bad Trader's thread of more importance and requires less updating ?.
    tFB Trader
    I use it.

It doesn't really bother me if people have 5 points or 50, but having a few eases my mind.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    I use it every time I buy or trade something and have only had one problem out of 300+ deals. And that was eventually resolved.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Yep I use it too if it is somone I am not familiar with and their track record.

But in general both here and at the old place the wrong uns are few and far between, thankfully.

Still a useful and great resource though.

In many years of using classifieds of all types and of course online I personally have only been burnt 3 or 4 times over a great many transactions buying, selling and trades.

Musical types seem to be fairly honest on the whole and would hate to be ripped off themselves so do not tend to do it to others.
    I use the good one all the time - in fact a worrying number of times for my bank balance - but tbh most people you end-up trading with are regulars or you've dealt with before once you have been active on here a while.

• badlydrawnbanjobadlydrawnbanjo Frets: 855
    edited April 2014
    Wrong section :-S
    +1 for @dollbridemask who's bought a pedal off me with no mither.
    You want the other thread @badlydrawnbanjo ;)

• JookyChap said:
    +1 for @dollbridemask who's bought a pedal off me with no mither.
    You want the other thread @badlydrawnbanjo ;)

Doh!
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Hmmm.... I'm sure I should be +3 not +1.   A small difference and I can imagine the absolute pain in the arseness of maintaining the list but @JookyChap, if you could take a look I'd be grateful.

Thanks!
    @Chuffola, sorry just noticed this...