Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Bad trades List

What's Hot

Comments

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited November 2013

Jooks, just for clarity in the original post can you re-write Adolfhipster name separately next to @Zodiac51. ; It's just currently with the format at a quick glance it looks as though Z51 is actually listed as a badden rather than a victim.

Good work, Sir.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @zodiac51 same issue..... PM me you address and you will be paid tomorrow.
  • It never rains but it pours!
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @randomhandclaps - Good call, just done it

@Zodiac51 and @Adolfhipster - let me know when it is sorted and I'll update the list :)

cheers fellas

• Will be sorted tomorrow.....
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    But to owe any amount of money to anyone is not good business sense and then to come on here and ostracise the community is not good sense    [-X

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    Just Got Paid - All sorted now, thank you.
  • So when does my name dissappear from the shit list?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    edited November 2013
    I don't think it should.
    You have form now- and people should know that if they deal with you they might be waiting a while when you 'get busy'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    I don't think it should.
    You have form now- and people should know that if they deal with you they might be waiting a while when you 'get busy'.
    I don't think that's fair, personally; to my mind, 6 months is enough to get over whatever life shit was getting in the way and prove that it won't happen again.

(note: I'm not speaking as an admin. This is something that should be managed by the community, in my opinion)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I agree with @Octatonic. ; The original post states that it has now been resolved but that's not the same as it not happening.  If someone resolved a problem only once the issue was aired on here then effectively they are buying their way of the naughty list, rather than providing a good deal in the first place. That negates the purpose of a bad traders list and could see people using it as a stick to threaten people with rather than justifiably reporting an issue.  There is a good trader list to balance it out after all.

In this particular case it wasn't a single issue with a member, it was two.  The attitude in return wasn't to fix the issue or explain understandable issues but either bitching about the whole system or the response of "It's only £30, blah blah!".

The forum's system isn't complex - You pay, they send or they pay, you send.  All along decent communication is just good manners.  The whole system is based on trust and my attitude is that if you don't want to stay within that structure or when you fuck up you attack the system rather than accepting some personal responsibility then use a different system to shift your gear.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • As I wrote in the other thread:

" I do think it's important black marks don't get removed, but get made into "grey marks" or whatever when things are resolved. 

If someone is slow posting once because they are ill, and that's 3 years ago then that wouldn't bother me. But if someone is constantly 3 weeks late sending stuff with no apology and no decent excuse but always sends it in the end then I wouldn't want to deal with them tbh. If you delete any record of their bad behaviour then there will be no difference between those situations as far as a newcomer knows when looking for whether to trade with someone. 

Just as with moderation keeping a clear paper trail is better for all concerned- if we're going to keep a list it should be a complete record imo. It helps buyers know the complete score, and helps encourage sellers to be consistently good. "
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You wonder why people make more than one profile.....
  • AdolfhipsterAdolfhipster Frets: 172
    edited November 2013
    Tell me why I should apologise to anyone other than those involved?
  • What about rehabilitation of offenders?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tell me why I should apologise to anyone other than those involved?

I don't think you should, you've not killed anyone, and you've sorted any outstanding issues.

By the same rule, nor should your tardy payment record and opinion on the sums involved be expunged.

Prospective traders can thus make an informed decision on whether they'd like to deal with you or not. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24255
    I quite like the ebay system.

All feedback stays visible forever, but as time goes on it shows how far back it was.

So 2 or 3 bad feedback over 12 months ago but with new healthy deals since is not really a problem. Everyone can have a bad day. The percentage idea is good as well. 3 bad deals out of 5 is shit. 3 bad deals out of 5000 is nothing to worry about.

But that being said, 

i) it's the person who has missed out who gets to decide whether something is trivial. Not the person who has an item and still has the money.

ii) Dealing in "£1000" of gear might be a daily occurrence for a person, but a £30 debt for someone else might cause a genuine choice whether to buy food or heat the house. A buyer does not know why a person is selling. Again it's the person left out of pocket who gets to decide how important it is to them.

iii) Regularly dealing in "£1000" of gear but needing to wait until payday for a 'trivial' sum???? I am unconvinced.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • EBay system all the way.
    You would deal with someone with 99% feedback right?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24255
    edited November 2013
    EBay system all the way.
    You would deal with someone with 99% feedback right?

Yup - I do all the time.

EDIT - slight clarification. I'll check the last 6 months and if a negative is in there I'll see what it was for. If it's older than that I don't normally check