Zoom G7?

daveyhdaveyh Frets: 682
Been offered one of these at an almost unrefusable price but don't know anything about them. I was planning on a Digitech RP1000 but this looks interesting. Anyone got any experience of them?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Not the G7, but the G3 is awesomes.

I'd guess the G7 is a more up-to-date/higher spec model. I've never really been a multiF/X user, but so far the G£ has really impressed me. I'm guessing the G7 would too.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• daveyhdaveyh Frets: 682
    Yeah, the Zoom stuff does seem well regarded but I don't think I've ever even tried anything by Zoom, never mind owned anything by them.
  • I think the G7 is an older model, it's not part of the range with the G3 and G5.

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited November 2013

I was going for a G3, but the price used is so close to the G3x.....which again is so close to the G5 that I decided to wait until a G3x or G5 comes up locally or trade my Vintage Modified strat for the G5.

Whoops, I forgot to add. I've had a few Zoom multi FX units and IMHO they're pretty good, the G3/5 is damn good.  I had the old Zoom 2020 and I got some amazing sounds from it.

• The G7 is a much older unit. It's lacking an effects loop (so no 4CM) and the uber-cool Z-pedal from the G9.

If you want effects, I guess it'd be OK (although I don't think it handles line level like the G9). If you want modelling, forget it and get a G3, G3X or G5 instead.
    <space for hire>
  • EPIC NECRO BUMP

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd see if @daveyh got one, or if anyone else has one?  I'm tempted to sell a couple of pedals (prolly a distortion and delay) and pick one up.  Not many reviews, but they occasionally go used for a reasonable price. 

Would be useful for recording - what's latency like? And..>Er, tone? It'd be a shame to not have 4CM but I could run it direct into the bandit line in...
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 682
    Did get the one I was offered, and tbh not a bad unit at all. Effects are pretty good, but personally I prefer the Line 6 models for amps but tbh live I doubt anyone would be able tell the difference. Built like a tank, and has some nice features like a text display.
  • Love my G3X and I am the worlds worst pedal programmer!