The joy of ebay

daveyhdaveyh Frets: 682
My question: Hi, I'm interested in your item but can I check the price as it's listed at £5 more than the new cost?

Reply: Well, it's almost new and I have to recoup the postage.

My reply: good luck with your sale.
7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bonkers. Funny thing is, sometimes people will pay over the odds. I was watching a neat guitar stand once and thinking of bidding, then checked the new price and found the item had already been bid up above that!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Whereas I bought Steve Vai's Carvin head and 4x12 cab for less than half the new price (though it was pretty shagged, admittedly) :) - I would have beem happy to pay a premium!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 682
    viz said:
    Whereas I bought Steve Vai's Carvin head and 4x12 cab for less than half the new price (though it was pretty shagged, admittedly) :) - I would have beem happy to pay a premium!
    That's pretty cool though, whatever the price.

I would have bought the 'Eat 'em and Smile' head a couple of years ago if I 'd had the cash. I nearly bought Tracii Guns BC Rich Gunslinger about 3yrs ago, went over what I could afford though.
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Pm.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.