SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Martin D-18 VS Custom - Adirondack/Ambertone ## SOLD AGAIN..... ##

CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4258
edited November 2013 in Guitars £
Amazing dread for sale. 2006 Custom Shop Martin D-18 VS, Adirondack top with lovely Amber Sunburst finish and Slot Head.

It's an absolute tone monster, and I am definitely going to regret this one, but I have just placed another custom order and needs must....

Condition is excellent. Zero issues with this guitar. Minimal fret wear. Perfect neck angle, nice full saddle. Set up is low, buzz free, perfect. Never changes either, completely stable guitar. Adi tops can take a while to reach their best, this is 100% there. 

I have always thought 12 fret dreads sound significantly better. It puts the bridge in a better place on the soundboard, as well as being much more comfortable for the left hand with everything being nearer.

This guitar does everything well. Finger picking right through to hard strumming. It's a dream acoustic for a fraction of what it cost to custom order it.

Forum price = £SOLD.

Pic's below:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    Drool...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 12 fret dreads are amazing....

I had a brief affair with a d15s . The bass notes were truly epic.
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4258
    edited November 2013

Just received a half decent offer on the ebay ad. Is anyone interested in an absolute bargain price of £1650 including delivery, as would rather it sold here on the forum?

You cannot buy a better Dreadnought than this.

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
    edited November 2013
    It's up to you but I'd probably go for the eBay deal. The 12th fret join, sunburst finish, slope shoulders and slotted headstock are not everyone's cup of tea for a Martin, which I guess is why they make so few of them like that. Having said that, I think it looks lovely and if I win the Lotto jackpot on Saturday then I'll take it!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/

Yeah, have accepted the offer. Think it would still drag on a while on the forum, even at a lower price.

I would definitely recommend a 12 fret Dreadnought  to anyone though. Something really special about the tone. Have had some very nice Dread's over the years, and this is the one that is going to haunt me I reckon...

edited November 2013
    Aaaaannnd, non paying bidder, with this fabulous message:

'Deleted'

No message was received. Avoid ____________like the plague... How f*cking infuriating are these idiots!!!

So back up for sale if anyone interested, at a bargain £SOLD.

Edit: Guy got back in touch and has now decided to pay.