SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Gold anodised scratchplate for a Jazzmaster Classic Player

I love my guitar but the tortoiseshell scratchplate doesn't really do it for me.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a gold one for my classic player that won't break the bank?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I think yours is a close to USA hole spacing but with a tune-o-matic bridge. So you're screwed!

WD do two types of gold, dunno if they're metal, but only in the states: 

http://www.wdmusic.com/classic_player_jazzmaster_jzcp_1414.html

J Mascis types would fit, bridge wise, but the screw spacing would probably be off. 
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I'm not sure- I think the Squier Mascis has AVRI spacing. I'm pretty sure this is what I've read on OSG forum and I've tried swapping my gold SQ JM scratchplate for a minty green Jap one and it wouildn't fit.
  • I've had a look around the interweb, but info on which scratchplates fit the classic player is thin on the ground.

I've heard the AVRI one should fit, but would require whittling to fit the TOM bridge.

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4978
    edited November 2013
    Another approach would be to get used to the tortie board, I think they look cool!  B-)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Another approach would be to get used to the tortie board, I think they look cool!  B-)
    This!
  • dogload said:
    I'm not sure- I think the Squier Mascis has AVRI spacing. I'm pretty sure this is what I've read on OSG forum and I've tried swapping my gold SQ JM scratchplate for a minty green Jap one and it wouildn't fit.
    Ah. That would explain why the MIJ jazzmaster owners want the gold guards from the MIJ J Mascis...

There you have it then, Spaceman - stick a WTB: Squier J Mascis pickguard ad up. 
    :)