My First Build

Just finished my first build. Its for my son who designed it and drew out the templates. I'm pretty pleased with my building efforts. While I've put together a few partscasters, this is the first bit of woodworking I've attempted for 40 years! The only thing I didn't do is cut the nut (or make anything metal obviously), and the rest is all my work. I'm so pleased that I'm trying to think of a reason not to give it to my son. I have already started a Tele for myself though.

I've got a couple of frets to sort, but it plays pretty well. The humbuckers will be replaced; I didn't want to spend a lot on a decent set in case the whole thing ended up as firewood. I'll be making a cover for the electronics compartment and the truss rod. There are plenty of bits which don't bear close scrutiny, and the headstock is a bit too small leading to the jaunty angle of the machine heads; perhaps I should have claimed that as a design feature. Anyway here are some pics

image are a imageimage
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    excellent work!
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • First proper build?  

I wouldn't believe it. Looks really tidy, I love that bridge design! The volume knob is in a good place, too, and those side dot position markers are cool.

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Excellent - nicely done :)

• dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Very nice :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• MistergMisterg Frets: 332
    Great stuff! :)
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    Well done sir. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Really well put together.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • For any build this is pretty fine - for a first built it is stupendous! I actually like the headstock - definitely a 'feature'. So many head stocks are so 'same old same old' :) The neck looks great and I agree - the side dots add a bit of class. Keep 'em coming! Andy
  • An inspiration to us all to get a bit of sawdust under the fingernails.
    Great result, well done  
    :)

• Great job!