Late stage onset of manhood

What's Hot
Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
edited November 2013 in Music
Today I finally got something that most of you are already converts of. I 'got' the Jeff Beck. On previous listens, no matter how hard I tried I thought; yeah I get that he can play, but its a bit meh. But today it clicked. Damn that boy can play, and I creamed my ears. live at ronnie scotts natch

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    I think the last 2-3 albums are his best work, and that DVD
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pretty much downhill from now on Col really. The next stages are going to real ale pubs and limiting your sexual fantasies to involving Carol Kirkwood and a bar of carbolic soap.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72241
    I remain resolutely a teenager then…

Although I seem to remember quite liking Truth.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Pretty much downhill from now on Col really. The next stages are going to real ale pubs and limiting your sexual fantasies to involving Carol Kirkwood and a bar of carbolic soap.
    Soap aside, I'm 29 and Carol Kirkwood and real ale float my boat...
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    touch and go for me... I like You Had It Coming and Who Else ... but Emotion and Commotion wasn't my cuppa - great playing but just odd covers to play.

Blow by Blow and Wired are awesome but stuff like Guitar Shop is not my thing except Where Were You - which is possibly some of the best playing ever.

I just wish he liked more of the tunes I did .. so he could cover them :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • I love Guitar Shop. First Beck album I bought (would have been early 90s). A bit dated now, but then so's Blow by Blow.

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7750
    yes to Carol Kirkwood, but no to Jeff Beck for me.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister