Best way to mount a small circuit board in a rack unit

In my quest to build a small but versatile FX rack, I want to mount 4 pedal circuits (kits) in a rack unit. Pedals will be a TS808, Zendrive, And two purple plexis (different settings on each) All controlled via a G-system. I may even stick in a fuzz face, switchable via one of the relays in the G-System. So what's the best way to actually mount the boards in the rack unit? A big blob of glue, or use those little computer motherboard mounting bolts and socket? An other ideas?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1630
    http://www.squirestools.com/e20.pdf

Way down the bottom code: 19-0918.

But I am sure Farnell and RS do them, just can't bloody find'em!

Dave.
  • PCB spacers?

If you don't want to drill the base of your enclosure, you can get ones with self-adhesive bases.
  • Great idea that, probably going to do that myself next year, as I do rather like rack gear, and it solves a few problems.
    +1 to thermionic's suggestion, nice and easy to use too.  Don't know if Maplin does them, probably easy to get hold of though.

• vizviz Frets: 10690
    I mount my pedals on a bit of wood with cable ties for G-system control, so if you decide to put yours in enclosures then that works fine. http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab217/Vizzage/Gear/image-6_zps35ffb5e0.jpg
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz said:   I mount my pedals on a bit of wood with cable ties for G-system control, so if you decide to put yours in enclosures then that works fine.
    Good thought @viz, and a very neat job too.  Is that a slide out tray, if not how do you access for settings or servicing them?
    May well be a good solution while I try out and learn about all these lovely pedals, before committing to re-housing them, which is the eventual goal (maybe).

edited November 2013
    It's just sat there on top of the G. It doesn't wobble but you can take it out by unplugging the leads and tilting it and sliding it out endways. It has 4 rubber feet so as not to mark the G, and I painted it black since that piccy. And obviously the leads are colour coordinated with the pedals, as well as with the masking tape on the foot unit ;)
    http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab217/Vizzage/Gear/insulationtape2.jpg
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    And i hope you like the little wooden pole where i keep my bottleneck.
  • Beautifully done @viz, right down to the co-ordinated leads, and an elegantly simple solution too.
    Yes, I did wonder about the chrome tube in the original pic, neat trick that.  Thanks for sharing.

The G System looks tempting too, I wondered about those almost as soon as I got back into playing.
    I have a great respect for TC from my previous life, and that really does look tempting.
    Not ready to take the plunge with all this just yet, but I am getting ideas together, and learning lots.  :)

Yes it's nice, but I actually don't use it much - if we're doing a very eclectic set it's good but I can normally get away with a tubescreamer and analogue delay to add lushness, and get my tone variation via the guitar's vol control and pickup selector. Never thought i'd admit that.