Anyone have a Kingsley Jouster or Harlot?

What's Hot
thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
Hey guys,

Just wondering if you have one and what your opinions are on the pedal.

Lynden
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1619
    Yes. The Jouster is similar to the Jester OD channel but less warm and more toppy (n.b. i am using the same tubes in both pedals.) Personally i prefer the Jester OD, which has the full EQ section, but the Jouster obviously has two channels, rather than an OD and a clean boost. I can pretty much match the Jester's sound on the Jouster but only by using the EQ from a Fromel Shape in front of it.

• Cheers John.

Does the Jester produce as much gain as the Jouster? I do have clean boost options with other pedals, just trying to cover gains with a single channel amp.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1619
    No. The Jester does get pretty filthy on the third setting but the Jouster is all-round a higher-gain pedal. Both respond pretty well to changes of tube, mind. I've had nice low-gain sounds out of the Jouster using a 12at7 instead of a 12ax7. Have you considered a Minstrel, which is the Jester's OD without the boost? That's lovely too and a smaller footprint. Worth calling Simon Jarrett (who makes them) in Canada...he'll happily talk you through all the options

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    edited November 2013
    The man seems to be making some wonderful pedals, shame he isn't more local. I'll check that out too. I do use high gain for certain things, hence my leaning towards a pedal which will basically do the job of an extra amp channel (or two). 

Will likely be ordering one in the next few days :-) 

Once I get that and a fuzz I'm hoping my gear acquisitions will calm down!

Thanks for the input John, and on my Two Rock thread… you reminded me about Kingsley there. What do you get up to playing wise?