Cost of fitting pickups?

What's Hot
DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
Does anyone know what sort of price I'd be looking at for someone to change two coil tapped humbuckers? I'm unable to do it myself at the moment, and I'm wondering if it's worth me sticking some on the Christmas list.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    How long is a piece of string?

It sorta depends. If it's a like for like swap in a solid body then about £25 might cover it. If it's two regular H/B to 4 wire tapped it might be a little more and on certain guitars (like 335s or semi hollows) a bit more for the Faff value. Where you are located and the individual you ask also plays a big part. So £25-£50 as a ball park or 4 cans of tennants to the right mate!

does that help.

• Dunno your personal situation at the minute, but I highly recommend every guitarist buys a cheap soldering kit from maplin/amazon. 

Fixing pedals and pickups in the internet age is eminently doable, and a good hobby. Will save you a small fortune over the long term.
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    Like I say, I'd normally do it myself, but I can't at the moment as I don't have a place to do it.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    a table, a socket and a soldering iron?

You should see the crummy bit of space I use to fix guitars!
    Seriously, I'm living out of a bloody bag at the moment, having narrowly avoided homelessness.
    It's not a lack of space, it's a lack of a place *at all.*
  • I used Steve, Manchester Guitar Tech to do a complete rewire of my Strat and he charged me £20 + postage.

I supplied the switch and pots.

Superb workmanship.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • For a like for like swap I have had it done free ( ooohhh) when paying for a set up (aaaah).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.