Lowden S32J

I'm hankering after one of these Lowden nylon string guitars. I played one at a trade show, but it was in a very noisy environment so it was hard to get a real feel for it. No shops in my neck of the woods have one in stock. 

Anyone got one or had a proper play on one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What's happening with Lowden?

Last I heard they'd stopped production in Northern Ireland.

Frightening, considering the good reputation they have.
  • Beautiful instruments but the audience for them would be very seriously limited due to price. I know George Lowden and he certainly doesn't appear to be short of cash. 
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    They sell most of their guitars in the US, certainly the models with the best woods seem to end up there.

They are expensive but good value. Most other acoustics sound very dry and boxy in comparison.

They come up on ebay from time to time but I've not found a second hand Lowden nylon string on there yet.
  • mellowsun said:
    I'm hankering after one of these Lowden nylon string guitars. I played one at a trade show, but it was in a very noisy environment so it was hard to get a real feel for it. No shops in my neck of the woods have one in stock. 

Anyone got one or had a proper play on one?
    Where are you based? I know Sheehans in Leicester are a Lowden dealer, you could try asking them.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.