Got myself a lightning deal

What's Hot
Korg Pitch Black tuner. 

Never had a tuner pedal, but really need one for when I'm going to rehearsals.  Will also power other pedals, though not sure how this works - do I just use a multi plug adapter from the tuner into other pedals (assuming the pedal power supplying the tuner has enough amps)?

Anyway, bargain.  I was disappointed as I found out a gig (Bullet For My Valentine) was cancelled, and my refund came through today so technically, the pedal was free and I'm a couple of quid up.  :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Well done :)

They went quickly - no idea how many but they were all gone in 10mins.  I need to practise buying things and improve shopping speed...
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    edited November 2013
    You plug power into the tuner, and there's a power out socket on the tuner too, so you have a male to male power lead (or daisy chain) to power another (or others) pedal.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz;91492" said:
    You plug power into the tuner, and there's a power out socket on the tuner too, so you have a male to male power lead (or daisy chain) to power another (or others) pedal.
    Cool, cheers. Just looked at the numbers and it's a lot less efficient than just using a one spot for everything.

Still, I not have a mute for tuning! Says it's chromatic too, which is neat. I very nearly ordered a cheap Chinese one a couple of years back that only did standard tuning...

They all went in a few seconds - I clicked add to basket as soon as it appeared, and 50 percent were taken. Crazy. Still, it's a nice piece of compensation for losing out on a gig, and my family will be happy they won't have to hear tuning noise anymore...
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    They'll b hoping you use the mute function all the time. :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited November 2013
    viz;91503" said:
    They'll b hoping you use the mute function all the time. :)
    Haha

Haha

Ha... Ha...

Umm, yeah. Prolly.

In other news,my brand new f string just snapped. Literally fitted it today after wire wooling my frets (might have scratched the rosewood up a bit... Never noticed that before, though, so I'm going to put it more down to being several years of being generally abused rather than that. Mostly gone after lemon oiling and a buff) and broke it two hours later.

Very sad.

• You'll need to be carefully with current draw though. Not sure how much the Pitchblack will handle through it either, you may want to check the specs.

A typical Boss PSU will run 200mA, which is plenty for a handful of pedals, but once you start putting delay in there it can really take up the mA. A Boss DD20 will use 200mA to itself, and completely shut down the entire PSU… not good (though the PSU does work again after a minute or so, but it'll do the same again if you try it with too much load). 

It's worth looking in the manuals (or online) to see how much current your pedals need.

Hope that helps :-)
  • thisisguitar;91549" said:
    You'll need to be carefully with current draw though. Not sure how much the Pitchblack will handle through it either, you may want to check the specs.

A typical Boss PSU will run 200mA, which is plenty for a handful of pedals, but once you start putting delay in there it can really take up the mA. A Boss DD20 will use 200mA to itself, and completely shut down the entire PSU… not good (though the PSU does work again after a minute or so, but it'll do the same again if you try it with too much load). 

It's worth looking in the manuals (or online) to see how much current your pedals need.

Hope that helps :-)
    It does - I went through the numbers and worked out I'd be better off using a one spot and just powering everything direct from that, rather than daisy chain from the pedal. Especially, as you said, when I have a delay which will suck up a fair bit.

• Cool. It's just a matter of trying that approach and seeing if you get any hum at all… hopefully none!