SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Swap 2x12 Loaded Cab

What's Hot
I have a Zilla 2x12 cab loaded with Vintage 30's.

I have an amp which is 120w, so need speakers that are rated at about 100w each.

So looking to swap this with a 2x12 cab with something like eminence speakers...i may even be interested in a 2x15 cab.

what have you got?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Are you really turning up loud enough to get your amp cooking at 120watts, thus requiring 200watts of speakers??
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    no...i may do it in the future...so on one hand its future proofing and also i want some speakers are a little smoother and have bit more on the low-end.
  • v30s will be fine for the laney mate they wont blow trust me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Where are you based and whats the ohms rating?
    Im in central london, and im pretty sure the cab is 8 ohms. I can confirm when i get home tonight. What did you have in mind?

@leerocker hey man, i do trust you! After a thinking about changing my amp and then coming to my senses and realising the amp is perfect in every way!...im now looking at adjusting a few things...first thing is speakers, i want some speakers that will sound a little warmer than the V30's and with more low end...while im at it i thought i may as well get at 200w cab for gigging.

• the new creambacks then would be good i reckon
    I'll have a look at those creambacks...do you remember what speakers you had in your Zilla cab?
  • I had creambacks in a zilla. Ran it with a EVH 100 lovely!