The Pink Terror takes a holiday!

OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10343
edited November 2013 in Making & Modding tFB Trader
My workhorse test guitar ... that normally sits without a scratchplate having various pickups screwed, stuck or velcroed inside ... known to all as 'the Pink Terror' is off for a month's rest and recuperation.

Oil city Pickups has a part time helper called Katie, who is putting up with doing my 'books' and will be learning lots of other pickup production skills too. She's getting an electric guitar for Christmas and is learning at the moment ... but doesn't have a solid ... which is bad news as she is very much a metalhead!
So I decided to send the 'Terror' away with her for a break from its testing drudgery.

The Terror is composed of an Squire neck ... which has a really low action and what I assume to be an Bullet or Affinity body. In all it's guises it has always felt really nice ... being very light and resonant. Anyway I thought I would have some fun with this for Katie's benefit ... and turned it into a sort of Tom Delonge special ... with a distinctly 'female' feel :)

An Oil City Viper 15.5k Ceramic unit sits in the solo position with a single Bourns 500k push pull pot giving it coil tap. the Viper has a BIG ceramic magnet and really pushes out some power, but splits really well into a really very usable single coil.
All that is set in the most garish 'mother of toilet seat' scratchplate I could lay my paws on.

Okay guys I know the colour scheme is one only one a severely damaged personality like my own could love ... but it actually plays really well and sounds just the part for Katie's 'Bullet For My Valentine' tastes :)
Plus I don't think anyone will steal it :))

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Very nice.. I've got a transparent gig bag somewhere, I'll send it across if I can find it... :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Now I know beyond reasonable doubt what the worse possible colour combination is - green and pink, who would have thought it? :D
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1630
    Nice combination.

Minimalist electrics. Minimalist taste!

Dave.
  • Did you buy this off Dave Hill?

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • That is truly awful.

I'll take 3 :D
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10343
    edited November 2013 tFB Trader
    Lol .... just as I suspected :)
    It will only be wearing that plate for a month ... before being returned to being a test mule ... I thought it might raise a smile or provoke a puke :))
    It's actually really versatile on the electrics .... but would probably suit a blind guitarist best ...
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    I think my eyes have stopped working :-O . I'm sure it'll make up for it in the sound department (though there's quite a lot to make up for).
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10343
    edited November 2013 tFB Trader
    It's actually much more brightly coloured in the flesh so to speak :)

randomhandclaps said:

Did you buy this off Dave Hill?

I actually take that as a compliment ... he was one of my idols when I was about 12. Gosh it takes a long time for influences to surface ... now where are me 12 inch platforms and cape?

• I kinda like it. B-)