SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

LAST PRICE DROP - FS - Strat-style custom-build from top quality US parts

What's Hot
camfcamf Frets: 1191
edited June 2018 in Guitars £
The advice I've had before has always been that if I was ever moving this guitar on, I'd be better parting it out, but I thought I'd revive this thread with better pictures and see it there was any interest in it. I'm based in Edinburgh and would prefer to meet but I could courier it as it has a decent case.

I'll be sad to see it go, as I've held onto it longer than any other guitar I have. But needs must... £650 £600 delivered.

https://i.imgur.com/NOMgfaO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Zp8of8T.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/K3FRMv1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4i5O1g5.jpg

The SRV neck and stainless steel frets are superb. It has a light relic feel... some play wear but definitely not pristine. There are no dunts or bashes on the neck.

Body was made by Guitar Mill in the USA is one piece alder, custom colour: light brown satin nitrocellulose laquer - quite a natural look. Neck is made by Musikraft, quartersawn maple, CBS 69 big headstock, 2-way truss rod at headstock, Madagascar Kingwood veneer style fretboard, compound radius 10-16, SRV assymmetrical profile .84-.97, stainless steel frets (6105), heavy rolled fingerboard edges, abalone dots, bone nut, vintage tint satin laquer finish. Tonepros tuners. Pickups are  handwound from the USA, Sheptone standard vintage-style Strat set and the wiring is a RS Guitarworks Strat upgrade kit.

It's a slightly worn finish with a bit of rubbing on the body but there's no serious bumps on the body and none at all on the neck. It was setup by JXG guitars in Newcastle and both plays and sounds great. I used to play it quite a bit but haven't played it much for years now - I'm mainly rhythm guitar and vocals these days and telecasters seem to fit the role better.

When this was put together several years ago, the parts alone would cost in excess of £1000, but I recognise that partscasters don't have the same value. I genuinely never thought I'd sell this as it's such a great guitar but a decade later I find I just don't play it. Back then, I liked it so much, that it has my name on the waterslide decal, but that's easily removed - my surname is Fraser but it looks remarkably close to Fender on the headstock   It has a hard case, very solid but a bit generic and not an ideal size for a Strat but it still protects it really well. 

PM me for more pics or details.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    I should have said I'd rather sell this as I've too many guitars just now and really need to do a clear out. But I'd possibly be interested in a nice small-bodied acoustic or a quality valve amp. But try me, I'm famously reasonable about these things. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Back from the grave bump. Looking for a good quality small body/parlour/travel acoustic. 
    FS only now bump
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump before the rarely acted on but inevitable threats of sticking it on eBay.  
    Bump! 
    Last bump before I head off for a few days. Price dropped to £600 delivered before being parted out on my return. I've had interest in various different bits of the guitar but I'll probably also put the various parts on eBay to see if there's any interest on there. But then... I say that, and then hardly ever do. 
    I was about to part this out when somebody said they were interested in buying it once I got back from my holidays. Now I'm back, he's bought something else so I'll give it a last call before the screwdriver and soldering iron is applied. £600 delivered for an outstanding Strat.  
    Bump!
    Bump!
    Bump!
    Too lazy to get the screwdriver working bump.
  • Nicely spec'd guitar, tempted as I'm back in Edinburgh next week.  The wife would kill me though, and I'd have to work out how to get it back to Abu Dhabi with me where I'm based most of the time at the moment.
    Little bump... still trying to avoid stripping it down and flogging the bits on eBay.