Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Whatcha playing?

What's Hot

Comments

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    I have played all the far cry series.  FC1 was very different from what had come before, with an interesting story and good game play.  FC2 was a bit meh! but FC3 had me addicted from fairly early on.  Its helped that I've had a week off work with a bad back so have had lots of game time but it still took over 30 hours to crack the main storyline.  Im now mopping up the side tasks but that shouldn't take long.  I have Mass Effect 3 lined up which i hope will see me through until the XB1 is launched and i can start plating Forza 5.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    Red ones are better. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28125
    The Enslaved thing was my hilarious funny. Guitar geek described Enslaved as an Uncharted ripoff ages ago.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26960
    edited August 2013
    Recently:

Bioshock Infinite. Fun and gorgeous to look at, and clever plot. But too short and the extreme violence in places feels out of lace in the world. Mind you, that's true of loads of games these days.

Dishonoured - Started but haven't finished. Very enjoyable so far.

The Last Of Us - Absolutely completely totally chuffing brilliant. Really hard in places though, in a good way.

Grid 2 - first part was fun, but I'm now getting into the supercars and it seems to have gone off a cliff in difficulty of the non-track races. 

Catherine - Just plain weird. Extremely difficult even on easy but good puzzle concept. 

Far cry 3 - Plot was stupid and predictable and pointless but driving, shooting, hunting, hang-gliding, flamethrowing were all a lot of fun.

Also got Spec Ops: The Line, Mafia2, Saints Row 3, NFS:Most Wanted and others I've forgotten waiting from the PS+ downloads. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    just lifted a slab where we thought they were going under to get out................... 3 of the fuckers ran out.................
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26960
    Christ, just remembered I have XCOM on the pile too. That's gonna take over my life a little I suspect..
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fatherjackfatherjack Frets: 180
    Words With Friends - the epitome of action and adventure.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Occasionally having a bit of fun on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City or San Andreas on the PS2.

I'm old school, me.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    just got this

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    This is released tomorrow. Life. Over. (well for a day or two at least! :D)

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7777
    bertie said:
    just got this

have you finally grown tired of the hoop and stick ?

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17599
    tFB Trader
    If you are in your 30's and the Duck Tales music doesn't make you smile you are dead inside. 
    I finished Bioshock Infinite. That was quite an ending.

Still playing Monster Hunter - 206 hours thus far. Done nearly all the village quests and am working through the high level Guild quests, so probably 150 hours to go.

Also Rogue Legacy, which is excellent. There's a real sense of progress as you get more gear and abilities, plus I can play it from the sofa in the PC room now that I have a gamepad with a really long lead.

I've got Sleeping Dogs next for PC, plus I'm still working my way through Antichamber (which is quite astounding - hints of Portal but not a rip-off at all, and mindbending in places).
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    bertie said:
    just got this

you do know that playing on runways is dangerous
    play every note as if it were your first
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    anyone here play EVE?
    play every note as if it were your first
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Well, I played Blood Dragon quite a bit... 

Thought it looked good, then played with the settings... banged everything to ultra and everything looked even betterererer... 

Then after playing for a bit I realised I'd not what the AntiAlaising up... banged that up to 4x and wow does it look good...

Ok the Frame rate went from 150, down to an average of 65 (which dips as low as 30 if the screen is filled with kerplodey goodness) but wow... 
    I think it may be time for me to get a new graphics card. I have a Radeon 5750HD (I think) which still does a decent job - Bioshock Infinite was smooth at 1920x1080, but my new monitor is 2560x1440 and it seems a shame not to use it to the full.

I fear this may be expensive. Most likely it's only worth doing if I upgrade the CPU and that means a new motherboard. Erk.
    Clarky said:

you do know that playing on runways is dangerous
    its really taking off down here
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Sporky said:
    I think it may be time for me to get a new graphics card. I have a Radeon 5750HD (I think) which still does a decent job - Bioshock Infinite was smooth at 1920x1080, but my new monitor is 2560x1440 and it seems a shame not to use it to the full.

I fear this may be expensive. Most likely it's only worth doing if I upgrade the CPU and that means a new motherboard. Erk.
    Depends what CPU you have... you can still game hard on a 1st Gen i7 (my friend does well with high frame rates in Battlefield 3)
    There's a lot of choice out there for cards that will manage well with 2560x1440 and if you're happy with High rather than Ultra then you could probably do multi screen set-ups for less than you'd think...

It's tempting to look at the nVidia Titan end of the spectrum, but you can get the GTX 780 to run faster than a stock Titan and cost a lot less... go a step or two down from there and the price becomes a lot more reasonable quite quickly while still holding a lot of graphics power... 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17599
    tFB Trader
    PC Gamers should take note that the humble bundle has a crazy deal ATM with loads of EA games and all the money goes to charity.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/