Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Would you trade?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12664
    Nope. But then I'd like the money to buy your ASAT ;-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    In the cold light of day the prs will be much easier to shift than the g&l should you decide you don't like it. Despite being great guitars g&l's just don't sell we'll in uk
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    octatonic said:
    ASAT special, not an ASAT.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but we're talking about a Korean guitar traded for a USA one?
    ASAT Special is a US model as is the PRS. The Special is the one with MFD pickups rather than Tele pickups.

Ah right- yes, my mistake.
    I was thinking about the Tribute.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I'd rather try before trading, personally. 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    mike_l said:
    Personally I wouldn't. Because I've never played a PRS I really liked. They always felt wrong (to me) I one way or another.
    I'm exactly the other way round because I've never played a G&L I liked, but these two answers show that it is very much personal taste and you should make sure you play the PRS and like it before you do anything. (I don't like Miras either, personally!)

Although that said, the PRS will be easier to sell if you don't.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I love all my PRS guitars so I would do it!

But it's probably a good move to check you like the sound and feel of the mira.  If you need taps and you're happy to swap the p/ups then you can probably sell them to cover (most) of the cost of the change.

If you don't like the way it plays then like others have said it will probably be a little easier to sell.

and you can try something different for a while - which is nice :)
  • I wouldn't trade them.

The Mira X's are cool little guitars, but have awful resale value; you should be able to pick them up for £4-500 fairly easily.

The ASAT Special, whilst not common-place, tend to be worth slightly more on the used market, unless I'm mistaken? Either way, I'd be much happier to pay £500 for the ASAT, than for the Mira X. That's not a detriment to the quality of the PRS (far from it!), but purely based on market values.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17598
    tFB Trader
    That's something I don't really know. 

I've been looking mostly at CEs (my preference) and regular Miras which seem to be £700-800. I've no idea what an X is worth and Ebay isn't much help.

I'd like to get £600 for the ASAT, but I'll take cash offers (hint hint). 
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    Would you trade?
    Yes. In a heartbeat. But that's me.
    ^ This, looked at some youtube videos of the Mira X, looks like an awesome guitar, and of course, its a PRS

If it was one of the hotter colours it wouldn't even be available to trade by now, as I would have had it.
    :D
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I wouldn't trade them.

The Mira X's are cool little guitars, but have awful resale value; you should be able to pick them up for £4-500 fairly easily.

The ASAT Special, whilst not common-place, tend to be worth slightly more on the used market, unless I'm mistaken? Either way, I'd be much happier to pay £500 for the ASAT, than for the Mira X. That's not a detriment to the quality of the PRS (far from it!), but purely based on market values.
    I haven't seen any that cheap, or to be honest that many for sale. Not saying there aren't, just haven't seen them.  Are we saying that it is actually worth less than a Korean SE?  I do absolutely agree that the pedigree of the ASAT makes it a great guitar but equally they seem to be, inexplicably, less popular and more niche than the humble Telecaster.  Absolutely no offence to Monquixote or his great ASAT but there is also condition and included extras to consider.  
  • Richardj;94536" said:
    guitargeek62 said:

I wouldn't trade them.

I haven't seen any that cheap, or to be honest that many for sale. Not saying there aren't, just haven't seen them.  Are we saying that it is actually worth less than a Korean SE?  I do absolutely agree that the pedigree of the ASAT makes it a great guitar but equally they seem to be, inexplicably, less popular and more niche than the humble Telecaster.  Absolutely no offence to Monquixote or his great ASAT but there is also condition and included extras to consider.  
    Remember that the Korean se range once represented a great quality guitar built at the same factory as top line Ltd instruments.

Now, they're the same guitars but double the price. For the same money as a new se, you can get a top or near top Ltd with tonepros locking hardware, compensated nut and Duncan or emg pickups.

My mate got his Tremonti se with prs winged tuners and a Duncan jb in the bridge for 150 quid. It's a bit beaten up but okay (the bridge feels pretty cheap and nasty though). Then the prices went right up a few months later and never again will they be cheap...