SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Scammer warning

digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26455
edited December 2015 in Misc £
As per the agreement between Mr Collingridge and the admins, we've removed all traces of the threads relating to him, his family and their personal details. This thread, also as per the agreement, serves as a warning to everyone not to deal with him; I'll update it with a list of his known aliases and it will remain stickied for the foreseeable future (when I've finished editing stuff out, I'll also copy it to all classifieds areas).

Essentially, he signed up with multiple aliases in an attempt to scam people for small-ticket items (mainly pedals), and we've since had other people come forward claiming the same from other forums (including photography and car enthusiast forums).

His known aliases are:

BeanHead
Collingridge
Collingridge00
Collingridge2
Collingridge55
Collingridge77
dbirrell888
emerger
jcollingridge
jcollingridge15
jcollingridge16
jridge
KittyBasket
Lexerr
lordsutton
mitchellrob
mynameisntjonathan
Scalded_Ape
bobhorn

This list may be updated if we get info from any other forums. If you think you might be stung by him, feel free to message me on here and I'll check the details as necessary.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The content we've removed from the public areas of the forum is still stored; the deal we've made is that it only stays hidden as long as we don't hear of him doing this again, and that his previous victims are paid back as long as they can prove beyond doubt that they were scammed.
<space for hire>
2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.