Arturia V collection for 200 EUR - is it worth it?

ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11891
edited December 2015 in Other Instruments
I have the old Factory experience and keyboard

does this collection add a lot?
should I be getting more discount for an upgrade?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• How much is your discount at the minute? 

I've actually just agreed to buy a copy of CS80V from KVR because it's lovely. Having done that, I check my inbox and bang, V Collection for 199 Euros. JRRShop are doing it for £169 bucks so around £125. Very tempting especially as it includes Spark 2. 

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11891
    as yet they haven't registered my old Factory experience stuff - are more discounts likely if I do register it?
  • I would have thought so. 

• If you stick that in the cart, JRR reduce the price down to 126 dollars. 

The latest version is 169 dollars once you've got the in-cart price, so £30 more. For that £30, you get Spark 2 as opposed to the more limited Spark Vintage, and more instruments. The 3rd version also doesn't qualify for upgrade pricing to V4. 

Personally I wouldn't go for V3 at all. With the lack of qualification for upgrade pricing, that would damage any resale value as well. 

The V4 offer runs until the end of January so I'm going to hold fire for now. 

If you're interested in individual instruments, pop on over to KVR and browse the Classifieds. CS80V cost me $35, just over £24. I'd like a copy of U-He's Ace as I've hit on a lovely sequence this evening :)

• wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I got this recently in a deal for NI users  - not sure what you get with the factory experience, so I don't  know if it's worth upgrading. However it's pretty much cured my soft synth GAS!
  • My licence transfer for CS80V came through today. What a fabulous synth!

Seriously tempted to offload that for the price I paid for it (£23) and then buy the full pack. Maybe if I sell a couple more pedals... 

If you stick that in the cart, JRR reduce the price down to 126 dollars. 

The latest version is 169 dollars once you've got the in-cart price, so £30 more. For that £30, you get Spark 2 as opposed to the more limited Spark Vintage, and more instruments. The 3rd version also doesn't qualify for upgrade pricing to V4. 

Personally I wouldn't go for V3 at all. With the lack of qualification for upgrade pricing, that would damage any resale value as well. 

The V4 offer runs until the end of January so I'm going to hold fire for now. 

If you're interested in individual instruments, pop on over to KVR and browse the Classifieds. CS80V cost me $35, just over £24. I'd like a copy of U-He's Ace as I've hit on a lovely sequence this evening :)
    thanks
    I bought v4
  • @ToneControl Did you get any discount for owning Factory? 

I think I'll stick it in the credit card. If I sell CS80V for what I paid for it and buy from JRRShop, then it'll be £100. Way too good to pass up!

I just went straight to JRR and gave up on a discount from Arturia, my stuff was bought in 2009
    Credit card didn't work, used paypal instead, £118 
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    edited December 2015
    @ToneControl to coin a phrase, I'd buy that for a dollar. 

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    @Heartfeltdawn - what PC spec and Windows version do I need to run the CS80V? Then I might take up your offer :)
  • @chalky My desktop DAW is Windows 7 32 bit, 4GB RAM, AMD FX6 6300 processor. I tried CS80V in the past and the latest version does seem to be a bit less CPU-intensive than in the past. So if you want it, then it is yours :)

I won't be back home until the morning of the 28th so perhaps do it then? 

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    £112 approx if you create an account at Audio Deluxe and buy it through them  :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • It's pretty much the same price through JRR, Audiodeluxe, and a couple of other places. The exchange rate in the last week or so has gotten a bit more favourable to the British side :)

Sure @Heartfeltdawn, lets pick up then.
  • I managed to get a copy at a reduced price from a chap selling his on KVR. Very very happy with the sound. I'm not sure they sound quite as fab as the U-He synths I've tried but I am certainly not complaining for the price I paid :)

@Heartfeltdawn - Thanks for your kind patience. I wanted to use an old laptop but it struggles and only works with a wired connection so I'm going to have a rethink.