Noisy pedals

TamDBTamDB Frets: 6
edited December 2015 in Bass

Hi all, I`m not sure if this question is in the right place, but here goes.
I`m trying to use this lot as a bass pedal board, 

and it`s working fine, except when I try to use both of the 2 ODB 3`s at the same time, (this gives a fairly passable fuzz type sound), then I get a lot of noise, which can be drowned out while playing, but is pretty noticeable when I stop.
Is there some sort of noise reduction thingy that I could use just to stop these 2 making an un-neccessary racket, as all of the others are fine and play together like good kids should.
Any assistance in this matter would be apricotted, cheers, Tam.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Boss NS-2.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• What ICBM said, put them in the loop.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • TamDBTamDB Frets: 6
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    I`ve got the Behringer version of the Boss NS 2, but it seems to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard, (which is a pain in the proverbial, as the other Berry pedals I have all seem to work fine). And, unfortunately I havn`t got an effects loop on the amp.
    So it looks like i`m going to have to get me a real Boss one, or, would one of the Behringer Inteligate or Denoiser rack mount thingys work ?
    Thanks again for the tips, cheers, Tam.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2328
    I think he means to put the pedals in the NS2's loop.

I haven't tried the behringer version so I dunno if it's any worse than the boss one.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Yes, you need to put the ODB-3s in the NS-2's loop - NOT the amp's loop, even if it had one :).

It will work if you simply put the NS-2 after the ODB-3s as well, but it may interfere with the attack and decay of notes - the idea of putting them in the pedal's loop is that the gate tracks the input signal correctly rather than the noisy signal.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• TamDBTamDB Frets: 6
    Thanks guys, i`ll give that a try, cheers, T.