Today was

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

a NPD, until my sister asked what I want for grumblemas. So I'm getting @ThePrettyDamned s old GV-2 for Chrimbo.

Which is way betterer than the sheets I got last year..........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    makes a lousy ghost costume though... ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • Hope you like it mate!

Just watch the bass and resonance controls, they can work together to get wall-shaking amounts of bass, it's quite disconcerting!

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    frankus said:
    makes a lousy ghost costume though... ;)

So do dark blue sheets........

@ThePrettyDamned ; I had a little try and, with everything a halfway, yep, there plenty of lows there probably enough to cause a small earthquake, and quite a volume hike.

Still, another 4 weeks, and I'll do a full run-down of my thoughts on the pedal.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• My settings, according to my special piece of paper...

(yup, I'm that cool - it took a while to work this pedal out)

Bass - 10 o clock, Resonance 10 o clock, mids just below full(!) treble at just above half and gain maxed, volume set to unity.  Set like that, it's got a sort of JCM800 but a tiny bit more vintage thing going, and I would max bass and resonance for a super flabby, fuzzy, muddy and mushy QOTSA tone.

I like to start with everything set halfway, then decide if I want more/less top/mids/bottom and more or less gain.

A quick play with my RG through my DSL gave a shed-load of bass, and the RG and DSL aren't particularly bassy.

I'd have expected lows like that from my ESP.......

• vizviz Frets: 10681
    On distortion pedals I put everything to 10 then control the amount of treble and bass by the way I play.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Having a quick play, I'm thinking it'd be good for Motorhead style shenanigans   :D

Which pleases me muchly.

Proper run-down and write up after Chrimbo.