SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Anyone selling an iPhone??

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
My wife decided to wash hers (iPhone 5s, I believe) today.

It's currently sat in a bag of rice in the airing cupboard, which seemed to be the recommended attempt at rescuing it.

But, if it's turns out to be an ex-iPhone, has anyone got one that they want to shift??
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited December 2013
    I have a mate selling a 4S 16Gb if that's any use?

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    Thanks Col_D

I'll ask.

We're going to leave it 48hrs anyway - see if the rice absorbs enough of the moisture from the phone to persuade it to work again ...

• wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    You can pay for an out of warranty service if it's water damaged. It's around £200 or so.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wibble said:
    You can pay for an out of warranty service if it's water damaged. It's around £200 or so.
    which is easily the best option if its a 5/s/c
    wibble said:

Didn't know that!!  Thanks for the tip - does indeed sound like the best option

:)

And all sorted now, thanks to Apple (and my credit card).  Phone exchange for just under £200.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom