Peavey revolution

ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7472
edited December 2013 in Amps
Just found one on eBay. Looks like a USA bandit, and I imagine it *IS* a bandit, but with a 3 way footswitch and footawitchable gain channels, as well as an extra master volume. Still has the spring reverb and Sheffield speaker.

If I had the money, and didn't already own a bandit, I'd get it. The only thing I'd change about the Bandit would be to have the lead and ultra (gain boosted lead) channels switchable and this does it!

I've saved the search so that, when I am rehearsing more seriously, and I've built my new guitar, I can gig with one and have the Bandit as a backup.

Peavey nailed it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2331
    I spotted that too, looks nice.  Shame pickup only from London, as is often the way :-(
  • To be honest, it's cheap enough to arrange your own courier.  That's an absolute gigging machine, no doubt, and I can vouch that the Sheffield speak is quite nice, certainly not a bad speaker, even if it's not a Gold or whatever.  

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    edited December 2013
    I've never seen or heard of that! Weird… it's a bit like the Supreme, which is a Bandit head - you never seem to come across the non-Bandit models.

It does look exactly like a Transtube Bandit with an extra half channel (still shares the EQ on the two dirt channels) and a global MV, which makes it almost 100% pure win. It even has the FX loop on the back, where I prefer it.

I think I want one :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7472
    edited December 2013
    ICBM said:
    I've never seen or heard of that! Weird… it's a bit like the Supreme, which is a Bandit head - you never seem to come across the non-Bandit models.

It does look exactly like a Transtube Bandit with an extra half channel (still shares the EQ on the two dirt channels) and a global MV, which makes it almost 100% pure win. It even has the FX loop on the back, where I prefer it.

I think I want one :).
    If I wasn't so ready to finally give a man some money to put together a body and neck for me to finish and bolt stuff onto, I'd get it in a HEARTBEAT. 

It's literally a bandit, but with those mods I'd have loved to have.  

Peavey fecking nailed it.  FWIW, if anyone on this forum wants it and gets it, can I have dibs should you decide to pass it on?  If my financial situation was different, I'd have it and run it with a bandit in stereo.  NUTS.

And it's not just affordable, it's CHEAP. Like, proper cheap.  Best value amp on sale in the world right now?
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7472
    edited December 2013
    I have to stop looking at it, otherwise I'll do something stupid.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    Get it. It's £99! You're right, there can't possibly be anything better value on the market. It would even be quite cheap if it was a Bandit.

Borrow a ton from somewhere if you have to…

The only thing I don't like in the spec is that the footswitch uses a DIN connector. It may be possible (depending on how it's mounted) to replace it with a 7-pin XLR though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Don't do that to me, ICBM! Oh man, I tell you, if my mooer sells, and it's still around, I'm getting it.

Someone buy my amp!
  • Link?
  • Fortheloveofguitar;96346" said:
    Link?
    Remember, if you get it and sell it later, I called dibs... :p

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261344183463&globalID=EBAY-GB