Original style plus Wudtone Constant Pivot Vintage Tremolo , setup and operation

What's Hot
andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
edited December 2013 in Making & Modding
Been a while since we posted a video re the set up operation of an Original Vintage style trem ( the one in the video just happens to be a Wilkinson that came in for replacement)  plus our Wudtone Constant Pivot Trem

all feedback welcome!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Interesting video. Lovely soundtrack by the way!

I'm surprised that the wilkinson looks so bad, I thought that they were supposed to be pretty good? I'm considering a Wilkinson for a project guitar I'm making at the moment, partly because they do a pre-relic'd version which is the look I want. Your trem is certainly giving me second thoughts though ....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited December 2013
    I own a bridge and, while I've not used it yet (come new year...) it definitely 100% feels much, much more solid than other units (CAVEAT - not tried a wilko, just standard strat stuff).  And Andy is a top bloke to deal with.  I will use plenty more of his finishing kits in my lifetime, I'm sure, and I really can't wait to hear this trem in action. 

That backing is really nice, btw.  Not my kinda music, but I really liked it.

Andy, what is the bearing for the arm?  I can't remember if I have one or not, nor what it does... :s

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
    edited December 2013
    axisus said:
    Interesting video. Lovely soundtrack by the way!

I'm surprised that the wilkinson looks so bad, I thought that they were supposed to be pretty good? I'm considering a Wilkinson for a project guitar I'm making at the moment, partly because they do a pre-relic'd version which is the look I want. Your trem is certainly giving me second thoughts though ....
    I think the Wilkinson example used in the video has horribly thick plating and it is the only one I have handled. Any of the copy original vintage style bridges with a flat top surface can have the usual set up challenges. Even the most experienced will agree that there are issues with stability, especially on cheaper units. 

We have also produced the Wudtone Constant Pivot Tremolo with distressed look for customers in the past so if you also want that, by all means get in touch. We supply with a total delightation guarantee. If you are not delighted just return for a full refund, kind regards
    edited December 2013

Andy, what is the bearing for the arm?  I can't remember if I have one or not, nor what it does... :s

hi there, you have lost me, pls can you clarify

• Andy, what is the bearing for the arm?  I can't remember if I have one or not, nor what it does... :s

hi there, you have lost me, pls can you clarify
    Basically, when you order, it asks if you want a bearing screw?  I was wondering what this was... Not sure if I have one or not - is it to set tension on the arm?
    edited December 2013
    ah, OK, thank you, some folks call them mounting screws , we call them bearing screws. They are the six domed headed screws which go through the holes at the front of the bridge plate/shim and which you screw down to just touch the surface. If for example you are upgrading a Callaham plate you will already have some so don't need them. Just checked your order and it did include them so you should have a set.
    Let me know if you need any more help.
    kind regards  
  • Oh! Lololol I'm an idiot. Many thanks!