Oil City Peavey Rockingham rewire and re pickup

OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9986
edited January 2016 in Made in the UK tFB Trader
Back before Christmas @TheMarlin brought me his Peavey Rockingham for a full replacement wiring loom, CTS pots, Switchcraft toggle switch, and PIO caps. Also for a pait of custom Oil city Pickups to replace the Gretsch old style 'dumbuckers' that were fitted originally. The dumbuckers are little more than PAF style pickups in a fancy case.
I fitted an Oil City Mighty Ninety in the neck, and an Oil City Mk2 Sun-T-Ron in the bridge for that Dynasonic vibe. I also fitted nickel plated pickup rings ... a bit of a pain as I had to engineer the original plastic pickup surrounds into spacers to make everything fit. 
Here's the result ... sounds and looks great in my opinion :-)

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    edited January 2016
    Wow..that's so sweet!.

The Peavey Rockinghams are great value guitars, I've got one myself and can't fault it, the build quality is as good as I've ever seen, and that's for a Chinese made instrument.
    With your excellent pickups that gotta be a killer combination.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7745
    Thanks Ash.
    Looks the Bees knees!!
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9986
    edited January 2016 tFB Trader

TheMarlin said:
    Thanks Ash.
    Looks the Bees knees!!
    Some slap back and a tiny bit of grit ... it's rockabilly heaven to me at least ... hope you like it
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10230
    That is lovely.Great work Ash.
    Laugh, love, live, learn.