what pedal am I ?

What's Hot

Comments

• hywelg said:
    Menatone TBIAC
    doesn't have the boost?
    :(|)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not sure if they exist yet (there were demos at Namm ages ago).....but....but....but

The Egnater Overdose...

Still says coming soon.
  • viz said:
    Ibanez Jemini
    TS based. And very ugly 
    :-&
  • Fulltone GT500 was my first thought. Or one of the various Wampler double doohickys?
    I get the impression the GT500 ( and do they still make them?)is a bit of a rock beast, more kind of modern Marshall although ticking the other boxes as far as I can see.
  • BB+ or AC+?
    more twin overdrivey? From a quick look the Xotic website is wonderfully unhelpful.
  • I thought Ethos
    but that's not really covering Voxy Marshally
    worth mentioning if people haven't heard of it
    Interesting
    @-)
  • The GT500 is certainly more towards the Marshall end of the scale, but sounds good with the dirt down too. I couldn't really find a bad sound in my old one.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    edited December 2013
    hywelg said:
    Menatone TBIAC
    Should have clarified.....8 knob version. Full EQ section, Sag, Cut, plus independant Boost with level control. Fits the bill perfectly.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    edited December 2013 tFB Trader
    Fulltone GT500 was my first thought. Or one of the various Wampler double doohickys?
    I get the impression the GT500 ( and do they still make them?)is a bit of a rock beast, more kind of modern Marshall although ticking the other boxes as far as I can see.
    Not so. The distortion does go reasonably high gain, but it's not especially "metal". 
    It does sound (to my ears) like a good distortion and not especially ampy compared to a wampled type pedal.

The King of Tone would fit the bill, but it's very expensive 

Super signa would and though it's TS based I think it sounds reasonably different. 
  • ICBM said:
    Boss OD-20.
    you do seem to be able to get them cheap on eBay but my experience of Roland/Boss COSM isn't that positive and the voices are more ROCK oriented anyway. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    ICBM said:
    Boss OD-20.
    you do seem to be able to get them cheap on eBay but my experience of Roland/Boss COSM isn't that positive
    Nor mine, but I thought I would suggest it since it ticks all the other boxes :). There are a few lower-gain settings on it.

And actually as long as you can find a couple of good sounds it shouldn't matter that the rest are rubbish… (but I know, that would annoy me too ;) )

The worst thing is that it doesn't have the 'Natural Overdrive' setting from the ME-50, which is by far the best sound on that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• hywelg said:
    hywelg said:
    Menatone TBIAC
    Should have clarified.....8 knob version. Full EQ section, Sag, Cut, plus independant Boost with level control. Fits the bill perfectly.
    Struggling to find that - doesn't seem to be in their current range anyway
  • frankus said:
    Fulldrive?
    can't use the boost stand alone
  • Wampler SLOstortion...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    Deucetone Rat?

Probably still a bit 'rock', but you can get some great mild overdrive tones from a Rat if you set the distortion low, and that one has a clean boost mode as well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Baldringer Dual Drive, two channel, so lots of flexibility, does'nt have to be as high gain as in the demo below.....

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    edited December 2013
    Phew! thanks everyone. :)

I've been at work an hour now and pretty much just spent that time googling pedal reviews. I am on the cusp of buying a new clean boost ( having traded my perfectly good one because,well because I am an idiot with a lack of forethought) but then it takes up more space, another 9v supply and may not play nicely with my OD's.
    So, no more of this googling. Clearly time for...
    ~O)
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Valvesporker then.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • frankus said:
    Valvesporker then.
    I'm waiting for the production model. I am assuming Sporky isn't around at the moment because he is working on the prototypes in a factory in the Szechuan Province.
  • Of course there's always the DIY-style "build 2 clones into one box" option? You can have whatever you like then ;)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires