All the speaker leads you've ever owned

What's Hot
I have a couple of leads made from Maplins HiFi speaker lead, but all the others are made of twin core mains flex.
Recently I sat my amplifier next to, not on top of, my cab ... and although I got away with it, I wished I'd made a speaker lead that was a bit longer. It's on the list of Things To Do ;)
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10690
    edited December 2013

I have three. All are orange and gained expertise in the "field" of lawn maintenance before moving to the music industry.

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    I find Hedge trimmer orange flex provides a much more open tone than lawnmower flex.  IMHO, YMMV   B-)
  • I usually use just solder a couple of jacks on the leads left over from broken iPod ear buds. :-\"
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72301
    I've never bought one.

All of mine are made from mains cable and decent plugs - Neutrik NP2Cs for preference - and always have been.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I have a Marshall one, that's a bit cheap but functional, and a Warwick one that's much more solid.  

But I wouldn't gig either - I'd get an Award Session or make my own from lawnmower cable.  

I did have an Award Session Y splitter cable - it let me run two cabs from the Laney LH50 as the cabs themselves didn't have a daisy chain socket.  It was head and shoulders better in construction terms.
  • I use Planet Waves American stage - I'm quite happy with them.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7334
    I have a couple or so - hell I may line them all up and photograph them for your all!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Dyson :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    edited December 2013

ICBM said:
    I have just acquired some more speaker cable. I'll give a report on it when I've made a couple of cables from it, it's a kind I haven't used before.

Dyson :).

I heard Dyson sucks ...  ;)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72301
    Nothing sucks like an Electrolux.

But if you connect it the wrong way round it blows!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    I hope the Dyson cable doesn't suck the music out of your sound.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• I could imagine you get the cleanest sound from Dyson "speaker lead" ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself