NPD: MXR Wylde OD...bought for much cheapness...

What's Hot
NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
edited December 2013 in FX
Was perusing Cash Generator near my workplace and saw an un-priced Wylde OD. Thought it would be at least £39.99 or higher, New ones are anywhere from £70 to £100.  Left it a couple of days and went back to see if it was still there, prepared to pay around £40.  Saw the price and bought it immediately

Sounds good, Boss SD-1 tones. Works very well indeed with the JTM 45 model on PodFarm that I use. not even tried it with the JCM800 model yet but expecting further good things.  Augments the sounds from the JTM model and keeps the clarity.

Only played it with my Epi Zakk Wylde Les Paul....

Best thing?

My head said I'd pay £40 for it...

It was priced and sold to me at £14.99!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Awesome score at that price.  I've not tried one of these but have a lot of love for the SD1 which apparently inspires this, which people seem to have forgotten about these days.  Got to admit I do like the knob covers on the MXR pedals, I was using my Hendrix fuzz yesterday and changing settings with my foot.  I assume that is what they're for!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Personally I like the ZW into the front of a nicely driven Marshall. Gives extrra gain and compression, but I do like a lot of gain in the amp.

Good score fella.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think they're a modded distortion iii. Which, like Mike (wisdom), sounded great into a Marshall. Unlike a tubeacreamer, they don't suck out bass so much and they have tons of volume boost. Kinda miss mine, but don't really need a boosty thing anymore.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    @ThePrettyDamned   ; IIRC the circuit is based on a Boss SD-1 rather than a D3. Less mid-hump than a Tubescreamer.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• I stand corrected!

Great sounding things though.
  • I paid £20 for one last year from Cash converters as well. Fun pedal
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 681

I A/Bed one against a Rothwell Tornado last year, much preferred the ZW.

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2326
    Hard to go wrong for £15, I'd have thought. Nice work. :D