Southern area gearfest 2014 idea

FezFez Frets: 522
The Black Dog in Crawley hosted a meet and greet with bands and other local music related people on Tuesday, so we went down. Apart from bagging a gig we also discussed using the Black Dog for the gearfest and they were very receptive. I think this could be a good alternative to Pease Pottage.

ps I put this in the guitar catagory but if any mods have a better place to locate this thread go ahead.
Don't touch that dial.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2549
    I know Crawley. What format would it take Fez? I'm definitely interested. I don't know the Black Dog but remember jam nights at the Apple Tree in West Green years ago. Also used to watch a mate's band, Jinnhouse, at the Swan from time to time.
  • It'd certainly be warmer than Pease pottage. I couldn't go to the black Dog for the meet up but the new management there seem really keen to develop the local music scene. Good idea for the gearfest.
    Ah, I do know it, I bought my Epi Les Paul from the Music Company which is opposite.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    cruxiform Jinnhouse are still around & there are still jamnights at the Apple tree on Wednesdays.
    As to format the thing with PP was it suited a hootenanny style operation which I think we could still do at the Black dog then have the stage set up for a jam to give everyone a few minutes blast at the end.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited December 2013
    Sounds like a great idea Fez.

I'd be keen to keep the individual equipment round robin thing and try and have the day result in some sort of jam.

@dindude, @McToot, @Fastboy, @Octatonic, @Bucket in case they miss this.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    I'd be up for this.

I promise to get the day right this time.
    Fez said:
    cruxiform Jinnhouse are still around & there are still jamnights at the Apple tree on Wednesdays.
    As to format the thing with PP was it suited a hootenanny style operation which I think we could still do at the Black dog then have the stage set up for a jam to give everyone a few minutes blast at the end.
    Jinnhouse are regulars on the blues roster at The Windsor Castle, Carshalton, Surrey.
    p.s. as well as my guitar stuff, I have a bass and amp that I could bring down for the jam aspect.
    A drummist and drum kit would top things off very nicely and possibly an agreed list of songs to pick from for the jam???

What numbers are we talking about Fez as PP worked well with about to 10-15 people? Hopefully, this will allow for more.
    edited December 2013
    @Fez, @Kebabkid Thanks for the info on Jinnhouse, I used to work with Mark but not seen him for years. Must get along to a gig soon, I see they're playing the Windsor Castle on Xmas Eve. Didn't realise The Apple Tree still did jam nights but then I moved away from Crawley in 2004. As I'm just getting back into playing the guitar a chance to meet up would be good, could do with a confidence boost.
    @cruxiform - well, the gearfests have a nice, supportive and encouraging bunch of folk, plus you get to hear/try what else is out there with your own gear.

Re:Jinn House - as you'll see form the Windsor Castle events list, they're down there on Christmas Eve
    http://www.windsorcastlepub.com/music-the-windsor/

I think we may be able to manage 25 people possible a couple more but we would need to manage the time well. Borrowed time will be happy to supply drums and bass by then they should have a house PA.
    Don't touch that dial.
    Any dates in mind Fez?
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Last one was great fun, count me in.
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    I might be up for this , depending on the dates of course .

Well Easter is in the middle of April in 2014 so just after Easter depending on what suits the pub.
    Don't touch that dial.
    Sounds good to me if you're thinking of late April/early May.