Lazy J

What's Hot

Comments

• Oops - forgot my Cruiser Deuce!! Think I treat it as part of the LJ amp! Brilliant --- long road to find these but happy now...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    edited February 2016
    I'm glad you said that @simonk as I felt the same way when I tried it. I just preferred my cruiser to it through the J20. Probably suited to another type of amp though like a Marshall type maybe :)
    simonk;971752" said:
    Gunshot into the J20 felt like a square peg into a round hole for me. That probably puts me in the minority though.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I do find my Lazy J is a touch more picky with drive/od pedals...
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 336
    I do find my Lazy J is a touch more picky with drive/od pedals...

This..I love my lazy j but it's picky. I've started another thread on a good pedal platform pedal that I'd never realised until my hit and miss adventure with the lazy j
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    Wazmeister;972667" said:
    What's your speaker in the j20? I find the blue to take pedals better than the Tayden.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9526
    edited February 2016
    ruoma said:
    Wazmeister;972667" said:
    What's your speaker in the j20? I find the blue to take pedals better than the Tayden.

Tayden in the amp, blue in the cab... I find more transparent neutral pedals (eg KOT) with lower mid hump work best.

But its genuinely no biggie, as i tend to run the Lazy J with just the Strat straight in... With a hint of break up. A glorious amplifier, with lovely chimey, slightly compressed cleans.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/Masterbuilt Strat 63/GS1.jpg

I agree on the pedals. I've found the cruiser to work best together into my minifooger delay set to boost instead of delay. just a pity that the cruisers note attack is slightly artificial, perhaps slightly germanium fuzz compressed you know?
  • Blimey can't say I've felt that. You must have more discerning ears than I have
    ruoma;973235" said:
    I agree on the pedals. I've found the cruiser to work best together into my minifooger delay set to boost instead of delay. just a pity that the cruisers note attack is slightly artificial, perhaps slightly germanium fuzz compressed you know?
    hotpickups;973239" said:
    Blimey can't say I've felt that. You must have more discerning ears than I have
    I'm definitely a nitpicker when it comes to pedals :) Probably should do more playing than comparing :) That said, I've got a Kingsley minstrel v2, vl effects od one, manifold drive and acceleron fuzz for sale if anyone's interested ;)
  • dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
    Brings back a very old thread :)

so j20 and j20H picky with pedals? J40 much better or still fussy? 
  • mal1971mal1971 Frets: 16
    I have a j20 and a j80, the j80 takes pedals really well.  I tend to stick with my cruiser on the j20.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    Dean, the J40 is one of the best pedal amps ever- Twin/Hiwatt level. The J20 is slightly more fussy - it doesn't like some muffs- but I use it as a pedal platform and it's great. The controls seem simple but in truth are totally interactive.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Gassage said:
    Dean, the J40 is one of the best pedal amps ever- Twin/Hiwatt level. The J20 is slightly more fussy - it doesn't like some muffs- but I use it as a pedal platform and it's great. The controls seem simple but in truth are totally interactive.
    Works well with my ThorpeFX
    veteran though. Do you still like the veteran through yours @Gassage ?
    Gassage said:
    Works well with my ThorpeFX
    veteran though. Do you still like the veteran through yours @Gassage ?
    It's fantastic. I should have stipulated- high gain muffs- that's what it doesn't like- so my Cornish G2 sounds better than the P1 through it.

KOT is stellar with it as is a BK Butler.

@dean111music here's my J40 and loads of different pedals.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    Rats sounded best
    Dominic said:
    Rats sounded best
    R2DU Rack Rat. Bloody amazing thing

• dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
    I don't use muffs.... mainly strymon mobius, boost, od, dist.

Sounds stellar that j40. will the j20h be a good comprise? just to use pedals and to use amp gain on occasions? 
    I don't use muffs.... mainly strymon mobius, boost, od, dist.

Sounds stellar that j40. will the j20h be a good comprise? just to use pedals and to use amp gain on occasions? 
    It's how I use mine mainly when I'm not using my Dualist. Which is a lot more lately ;)
    edited May 2018
    Can you do a video with the veteran through the Lazy J @Gassage I'd love to hear it through a J40 if you still have it? If not the J20 even