REplacement Microphone Handle

Hi all - didn't know where to put this.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement handle for a Shure Beta 58A - our singer fancies a different coloured mic (for some reason)

I can find them for the handheld variety but not the wired one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    Oh man.. singers. :)

I played in a band with a girl who had the shittest mic in the world, but it was gold so it was therefore 'really amazing'.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    You could get it powder coated? Seen that done before.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1741
    Honestly I did think about that.
  • bob21bob21 Frets: 170
    As far as I'm aware (and we deal with Shure quite a bit at work) you can only get custom sleeves from Shure for the Wireless stuff. Same story for Sennheiser custom shop.

Recall there were a third parties making sleeves for wireless handhelds, if you can still find any they may be able to help - but the handhelds are easy because they are a constant shape (no taper down the length of the handle) as opposed to wired 58s that taper.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    The body of the microphone isn't really a replaceable part, and you can't really paint it without sanding the bejesus out of it to make sure your paint adheres. Maybe some sort of temporary and removable wrap would be a better shout, unless you're happy to kill the resale value of your microphone.

It should go without saying, but if you are painting it, dismantle it and get all the electrics out first, and for the love of god don't try to spray the grille!
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1791
    Try and get a vinyl wrap for it. I'm sure one of the sign places would be able to sort something out.  Can then be changed when your singer changes their mind again and should be pretty cheap. Avoids having to dismantle too much too