Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Hair Loss

What's Hot

Comments

• MistergMisterg Frets: 332
    Not original, I'm afraid - I first heard the term when I found myself at a Thin Lizzy gig last year :\"> (We'd actually gone to see Clutch, who were awful).

Skullets a-plenty...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    At 50, no bald patch yet, but it must be on the horizon as my dad is bald on top and my bro is going that way seriously. What I have noticed is that my hair has gone a bit 'dead'. Lacks the old life, a definite sign of age! Not grey yet either, but I'm not at all bothered by grey hair.
  • I had long hair until I was 25. It's gotten shorter and shorter ever since depending on how much was receding. I have it shaved(what's left) every 2 weeks now to about 1.5mm.

It doesn't bother me that much really, though like Chili says, I'd have it back in magic wand scenario.

It does cut out a lot of faffing about though, I'll say that for it.

I don't know how much you have receded, Holn, or whether you notice it more than others do. All you can do is find the length of hair that doesn't make your "receding" too obvious. You might not have to cut it "really" short.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    edited December 2013
    There are a few things you can do.

A) Minoxidil (Regaine) works but its fairly expensive and you have to keep using it for the rest of your life or it falls out again. Plus there's a fair chance you'll end up with a barnet like a Brillo pad.

B) Viviscal tablets work for some people. Again expensive.

C) Wig.

Or just live it. Best option IMO. I've been bald since my 30s and started going grey in my late 20s. Never really bothered me that much tbh.
  • Best thing to do is embrace it whole heartedly. Shave it off to a grade 1 and tell all the women around you that bald is sexy. Eventually they will believe you and you will believe it too. For it is the truth. I even learnt how to say it in Spanish. (Phonetically: Los chickas Los goostang Los calvos. Translates: chicks dig a bit of bald)
    A confident happy bald chap is sexier to women than a man who is upset and resentful about it. Women really don't care.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    It's fine.
  • Ok full head of dark hair here, past a certain age does not matter.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Just don't wear a syrup. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    Went grey mid 30s, thinning a decade later. Think of all the money you'll save! Get a hair clipper, extend the slidy bit, turn it backwards so the blade is perpendicular to the scull and cut all over. Easy and you can do it weekly when it suits. Looks tidy and professional. Whats the problem?

• Anything other than a really short cut or shaving will look as if you're trying to cover it up even if you're not.

You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I don't mind the receding as much as the thinning. If what was left on top was a bit more dense I'd be less embarrassed. I'm just going to get it cut scissor short and see what that's like.
    My V key is broken
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    I have to say that the 'losing hair' look has never looked better. The world finally realised that if you cut your hair short it looks good. My old boss at work, and his boss as well, both had ridiculous comb-overs that would dance around 6 inches above their head in the wind.

I have pre-warned the wife that I will cutting my hair very short when I start losing it.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited December 2013
    See what I mean about comb-overs? Better call Saul a barber, the quicker the better.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I like seeing blokes with comb-overs running for a bus, their hair blowing behind them. On one side.........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    The ones that crack me up are them driving ragtops with the top down in summer, when on a motorcycle you look down on it with hilarity.

Flapping hair and a partially burnt dome whilst telling themselves they are fanny magnets, makes me titter so it does.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm in mourning.
    My V key is broken