Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Hair Loss

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    Personally I would have kept the beard, but you look much better without the flappy hair bit on top. Good work. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I wish I kept the beard too, I'd become quite fond of it. I tried to trim it and stuff and it ended up looking poo.
    My V key is broken
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2876
    The trick is to keep the beard , the full bald face and head doesn't go. Bald head but beard is as cool as it gets ;)
    Trust me
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Out of interest how fast is it going?

Being the same age as Beckham, I thought I'd made it through safe.  Cancer heart attack, lost most of my teeth, who cares man, I have my hair, then a year ago I noticed my parting was getting wide, almost overnight.  Chopped my hair as a mate said is was because it was long and it's been going fast since this last year.  Thinning all over the front badly and fast, no receding just thinning from one side to the other and the middle is worse than the sides..  This isn't part of the plan, I want to die with my hair on.

At first I blamed the 2 kg of amalgam in my teeth, then bad diet, then hypothyroidism, even though I'm thin, then smoking.  However I now have a theory that we are all being poisoned as a covert government selection plan for population eradication.

I stand with this theory as I have noticed a bunch of mates have also suddenly developed dramatic hair loss in their late thirties.

If you grow a beard you can use epoxy or superglue on your scalp and glue some beard hair on there, should last a few weeks at least.

Funny how fast it goes when it initially starts, like the bad gene has suddenly been 'Activated'.  I'm lucky I guess as I'm blonde but damn, I always thought you receded, mine is going more like a female hair loss pattern and diffuse thinning eerywhere and fast.  But I guess it depends on your genetics.

If it gets worse I will tattoo a Swastica on my forehead.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock

BTW. Did anyone get the 'Don't shave it yet!' from the women?  I'm getting that a lot and it's short now, but not shaved, but the problem is that they don't realise how fast it's going, at this rate, by next Spring, I'II be missing most of the front section of my hair.

Pisses me off, I only had long hair because I hated the maintenance of short hair.  Having to shave it twice a week seems like a bind, especially as I can't even be bothered to do that to my face twice a week.

Also here is a tip to see if you are gonna go bald and you have long hair.  If you suddenly develop cool looking hair, that lies the way you always wanted it, or see an unusual amount of frizzy 'Snapped' hairs, it has already begun.  I give it about one to two years before you notice visible thinning.  Sad but true.
    And yeah, the worse thing about losing it is definitely the fact that it wakes you up to the reality that you are not immortal and not a perfect adonis and more like a defective genetic fault factory....just like the rest of us....counting the days....
    Mine is thinning just like yours, and now I've shaved it, I can really see how patchy it is, there's no pattern at all. I really wouldn't mind receding if what was left was more dense, but it just seems to thin itself away with no clear border between hair and head.

It really sped up since the summer, but I'm not sure whether that's because I was in denial previously. My other half doesn't like the shavedness so much, but if it makes me feel more confident she doesn't mind. I think I went too short though, luckily, it grows back.
    My V key is broken
  • Started losing mine at 17, had to go short by early twenties after a few years of denial. Get a beard trimmer, set it to grade one or two and do everywhere! As others said, a beard or stubble is the way to go. I'm not fond of the shaved look, either on top or on my face!
  • Balding and thinning with a pony tail here. The very definition of tragic. I'll be full-on Manicguitarist by the time I'm 40.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertie said:
    I came out with a massive head of jet black hair.............. OK, it fell out later but thats not the point
    Your head? Well that explains a few things...;-)
    Use Your Brian
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Holn, in the 'before' shot you look a bit deranged but the bald look suits you down to the ground. You've got the right shaped head.

I'm in my mid-thirties and pray to every god I don't believe in that I don't go bald because I've got a funny shaped head (forceps birth). It's looking good so far and I've still got colour too but my beard's pretty much all grey. You're a lucky man.
    Use Your Brian
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Yup receding here. When I was but a wee lad I remember watching Moonlighting and thinking "that Bruce Willis looks cool, I wish I has hair like that". Should've wished for a billion fucking pound.

Flecks of grey too. So annoying. When I was at Download they refused to serve me cigarettes cos I didn't look 25. When I went back the next day they said "were you the guy we refused yesterday? You look much older now I can see your hair". Bastards.
    All practice and no theory
  • Holn, in the 'before' shot you look a bit deranged but the bald look suits you down to the ground. You've got the right shaped head.

I'm in my mid-thirties and pray to every god I don't believe in that I don't go bald because I've got a funny shaped head (forceps birth). It's looking good so far and I've still got colour too but my beard's pretty much all grey. You're a lucky man.

I'm a bit worried about the shape of my bonce as well! I probably can't go down the hat road either as I can never find one that fits, and I generally look like a berk in them anyway.

I'm a redhead and I think losing my hair is going to be particularly hard. My barber says I have "high arches", I just think it's me forhead growing.

"As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • Sambostar said:

At first I blamed the 2 kg of amalgam in my teeth, then bad diet, then hypothyroidism, even though I'm thin, then smoking.  However I now have a theory that we are all being poisoned as a covert government selection plan for population eradication.

I stand with this theory as I have noticed a bunch of mates have also suddenly developed dramatic hair loss in their late thirties.

Yeah that's probably it.
    Use Your Brian
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited December 2013

I'd love to be able to wear a hat on my receding pate. But every time I go and buy one, and take look in the mirror, my suspicions are confirmed. Hat's just don't suit me, and I look like prat with one on.  I dunno why, I just do. I quite like the knitted pull-on jobs in the winter, but I look like a Broadmoor escapee with one on.

And yet some of my mates carry it off without a hitch. Our old drummer shaves his head, and wears a pork-pie hat which looked so right on him he could have been born wearing it. I bought a wide brimmed hat when I was in Australia, and when I saw a photo of me with it on, I never wore it again. Yet my son goes and sticks it on, and breezes around looking great with it.

I guess some of are born hat-lucky, and some aren't.

I think hats take confidence. Whenever I wear a hat I feel like a tosspot and everyone is looking at me.
    My V key is broken
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12294
    Fuck it, being going bald since my mid 20's Im 41 now and it seems to have slowed down a bit, I only really notice it when I look up at the CCTV screens when I walk into a B&Q and see the fucking monkeys arse at the crown of my head. Chicks dig baldies though so its all good. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • 58 years old and a full head of hair - feels gooood! Unlike the rest of my body... :-S
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Me at 15...

Me at 29 (last year)...

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.