NAGD

BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
edited February 2016 in Acoustics
After a 2 month trawl through the classifieds and fleabay etc I've managed to get my hands on a used D28 which sounds great even with old strings on it. : >
If the above picture doesn't upload then an image should be found at :

http:// s375.photobucket.com/user/BigLicks67/media/DSC06068_zpsid4zkcck.jpg.html?filters[user]=143230772&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4127
    Can't see nuffin
  • I know I am unable load pictures for some reason - even the photobucket link will only copy and paste if I leave a gap between http:// and s375.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • It might do if I knew what the jpg link was : >
    Anyway thanks for posting the image.
  • Like the sofa ! Is that dog in a gimp suit?  Oh and the D28 - looks good - what year?

Every happiness playing it. I'd recommend putting D'addario Ej17s on it for best results.
  • sillymoustache;956577" said:
    Every happiness playing it. I'd recommend putting D'addario Ej17s on it for best results.
    I've tried loads of different strings on my D28 over the last 23 years.

I've recently gone back to Martin Marquis Mediums - it's never sounded better to my ears.
  • Like the sofa ! Is that dog in a gimp suit?  Oh and the D28 - looks good - what year?

No, but there is real dog on the premises who likes to attack the door stop shaped dog from time to time ; >

I had a spare set of EJ16's so I stuck them on yesterday.

I believe it was made in 2010 although the spruce top would make you think it was older.

@richardhomer - I'll try the Marquis Mediums when my current supply of D'addarios run out.