Anyone using Jam Origin Midi Guitar 2 software? Tips / Tricks?

What's Hot
I just bought Jam Origin Midi Guitar 2 software (beta v12) and spent the day using it (£80). I'm using it in Logic Pro, OSX. On the whole I'm very impressed - it is certainly going to help, if not revolutionise, my production/composition as I am truly hopeless keyboard player, and even my average guitar skills means I can get chords and melodies into Logic much easier.

I wondered if anyone here uses it and has any tips for reducing duff notes/double notes etc?  For some reason my Strat was pretty bad with it, but my Gibson 339 works miles better - is the tone of semi-acoustics easier for the software to detect notes? 

The software can detect full chords and notes very accurately. Latency is noticeable but workable. I found the synths in Logic seemed to respond a lot better than the bundled synths that come in Jam Origin. There are some small issues but it's still in Beta so let's hope there are some more improvements over the next few weeks.
Fretboard trader feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/65502/
Basschat trader feedback: http://tinyurl.com/8yevyl6
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27431
    I'm using the iOS version (for about a week now).

Main problem I'm having so far - and it's far from a deal breaker - is the duff notes aspect.  And that's probably more reflective of my messy playing.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • A5D5E5A5D5E5 Frets: 307
    I've no idea about this product, but a good general tip for guitar to midi is to string your low E, A and D strings with thinner strings, tune them up an octave and correct back in software - it improves latency on the low notes significantly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • A year later and I came across this thread as I was looking for reviews before I pull the trigger on a copy of Jam Origin midi guitar myself!

So in the true spirit of thread necrosis... my advice on any duff notes would be the old hair band trick as used by shredders world wide, or one of the commercial products that do the same. Google for fret wrap. Of course playing cleaner would help but the advantage of midi is you can edit your mistakes after. I often find that happy accidents are very musical though!

Jam Origin recommend using the bridge pickup and standard tuning. New strings will always improve any guitar.