stolen guitars robin bibi

What's Hot

just posting this up on behalf of robin bibi, a local and very hard working musician who has had his stuff nicked. copied from his facebook page. keep em peeled folks!

Disaster . My gigging guitar and spare guitar were stolen last night from my van parked on my driveway . If anyone is on eBay please look out for a white fender... Stratocaster made in Japan, rosewood neck with a little black mark ee just below the bridge near the jack socket. The ee are the last 2 letters of Albert Lees signature that didn't get rubbed out. I bought the guitar in 1984 with a series 1 fender locking tremolo system which I've changed for a classic tremolo system but the screw holes can still be seen by the bridge where it was changed and on the head where the locking nut was removed . The spare guitar has EMPE written on the headstock it's SEA FOAM GREEN with a maple neck. Both were in gig bags with accessories spare strings, snark tuner, Number 1 stretch strap and string winder . Thank you .
The Swamp City Shakers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    Sorry to hear about that... what locality was the theft ?

Cheers
    Baz
  • kingston area
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    I know of Robin too as he does jam nights at my local, The Windsor Castle in Carshalton, Surrey.

I'll keep 'em peeled and put the word out to the Surrey musicians I know.

What gits!
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    ok... will keep my ears and eyes open...I'm east of London but close enough for something to materialise locally you never know
    Sounds like it is individual enough to be spottable

Cheers
    Baz
  • This sucks but who the hell leaves their gear in the van over night ?
    That's asking for trouble in this world !!
  • So easy to do when you get in at 2-3am and don't want to tramp about opening/closing doors and waking the neighbours...but a salutary warning.
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    edited December 2013
    wolf5150 said:
    This sucks but who the hell leaves their gear in the van over night ?
     very sad,  but I have to agree with this

Mrs bert got some hers lifted about 15 +  years ago.  Now everthing comes inside, every night, no matter how late
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • yeh definately very daft leaving your gear in the van, but a good old fashioned stoning would be nice for the culprit/culprits!
    The Swamp City Shakers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Kebabkid said:
    I know of Robin too as he does jam nights at my local, The Windsor Castle in Carshalton, Surrey.

What gits!

It's a shame that it takes a thread like this to bring us together but your local is the Windsor Caste at the crossroads with the wall of the girls school opposite ? Jesus man we're so close !
    edited December 2013
    Tis indeed DrBob. As you're in the vicinity/Surrey, come join us for the proposed 2014 SE GearFest- keep watching the board for announcements next year.
    See yer neighbour
  • RickydRickyd Frets: 149
    DrBob said:
    Kebabkid said:

What gits!

It's a shame that it takes a thread like this to bring us together but your local is the Windsor Caste at the crossroads with the wall of the girls school opposite ? Jesus man we're so close !
    Ditto you guys, a pal of mine has played there on many occasions, also seen Robin several times in my local the Jolly Farmers in Purley...what a small world!
    Yep. Those 2 pubs along with The Grey Horse in Kingston seemed to have picked up the bands that used to play at The Cartoon in Croydon.
    Kebabkid said:
    Yep. Those 2 pubs along with The Grey Horse in Kingston seemed to have picked up the bands that used to play at The Cartoon in Croydon.

Coming into work this morning listening to a mates band recorded at the Cartoon...ah the good old days!
    edited December 2013

Played there many a time. I was in The Vapor Corporation (Dave Fenton's offshoot from The Vapors). Around the same time, you'd also see Mungo Jerry playing there, The Cutting Crew, Little Sister, Roachford, Papa George and of course my mates, Dickie and Val, from Bad Influence. They're still going with Harry James of Thunder on drums.

Who were your mate's band @Rickyd?

Kebabkid said:

Played there many a time. I was in The Vapor Corporation (Dave Fenton's offshoot from The Vapors). Around the same time, you'd also see Mungo Jerry playing there, The Cutting Crew, Little Sister, Roachford, Papa George and of course my mates, Dickie and Val, from Bad Influence. They're still going with Harry James of Thunder on drums.

Shoo Shoo Dang Dang, a superb covers band...and one of Smeggys many! Andy and Smeggy still together in Last Chance Saloon. 

• Kebabkid said:

Haha...Cutting Crew. Saw them last night at the Clapham Grand as my brother is playing bass for them. Great fun night supporting an also excellent Go West. 
    KevKahuna;102583" said:
    Kebabkid said:

Haha...Cutting Crew. Saw them last night at the Clapham Grand as my brother is playing bass for them. Great fun night supporting an also excellent Go West. 
    Oh man! How did I miss that 80's fest! Glad Nick Van Eede is still singing as he has a good voice, as does Peter Cox of Go West.