Zoom Multstomp Series

DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4528
edited February 2016 in FX Reviews
These little Boss sized multi effects pedal are great and i can't over state just how important they are to my rig, for example i set up a subtle reverse delay going into a comb filter followed by a flanger with a touch of resonance with an optical compressor at the end of the chain.

Delightful.

Of course each effect in the chain has its own mix setting and usually a tone control too.

You can have up to 50 presets, 26 of which you can scroll through using the footswitch or all 50 via its dials.

I have 2 of these in my rig. One (a BT100) on the board and a 50G in the fx loop.

I'd say I've had them both for around a year now costing £60 each, the 50G bought new and the 100BT bought second hand.

The third pedal in the series is a 70CDR but i found this to not be as versatile as the other two as the modulations were lacking in options and mere mainly chorus type effects.

The Negatives

You have to hold the footswitch down for around 2 seconds to turn a chain off so i keep the one on the board in an effects loop for easy switching and some effects have a quiet high pitched white noise present so i keep a noise gate on the board too.

But, i have found a way around there issues to have a very powerful tool at my command.

Very recommended indeed.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments