Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PRS forum administrators delete users reviews of the Wudtone PRS DD upgrade

What's Hot

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited February 2016
    It may well be the case that PRS believe the factory trem delivers everything they want. Pressed steel saddles and a steel block will sound different - the Wudtone assembly is akin to a vintage Strat trem. Hence, why I'm hearing a brighter tone, I suspect.

Clearly PRS's Forum must be of commercial benefit to them. I can well understand them not wanting people posting on there who are (by implication at the very least) suggesting they haven't got some aspect of their guitars 'right'.

I've met Paul Smith and found him a fascinating character. He's positively child-like in terms of his enthusiasm for what he does. I don't doubt for a second that his curiosity about how guitars are made will be a life-long journey for him. Certainly his trem system has had many subtle revisions over the years - but the basic design remains pretty much the same.

If you want a non-locking system that stays in tune, I've yet to find a better one (incidentally my PRS is a Stop Tail model but I used to own a CU24 with a trem).
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    andypwudtone;977498" said:
    DefaultM said:

To be fair it probably does make it look a bit like it was an advert when a member posts it and then when it's removed the product owner queries them.

for the record , it was removed before I queried it 
    It would have been odd if you'd queried it before they removed it :(|)
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I post there and do find this disappointing. Why the sudden pull? Did you query it?

You'll have to sell up now mate.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looking forward to meeting Paul Reed Smith in March.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7323
    DefaultM said:

To be fair it probably does make it look a bit like it was an advert when a member posts it and then when it's removed the product owner queries them.

Yeah that was my point. They thought it was an advert so pulled it, and then the product's owner appeared and started questioning it, so to them that will have just confirmed what they thought.
  • DefaultM said:
    DefaultM said:

Yeah that was my point. They thought it was an advert so pulled it, and then the product's owner appeared and started questioning it, so to them that will have just confirmed what they thought.
    everything happens for a reason 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    richardhomer;977611" said:

I've met Paul Smith and found him a fascinating character. He's positively child-like in terms of his enthusiasm for what he does. I don't doubt for a second that his curiosity about how guitars are made will be a life-long journey for him.
    He is great. I met him at a signing session and mentioned I built guitars.

He told me off for saying that and not having a guitar to show him. He stopped the signing queue and sent me off to fetch a guitar so he could have a look. We then discussed setups and neck construction for a while.

He clearly just loves to talk guitars, he isn't bothered if its not his guitars you are talking about.

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WezV said:

He clearly just loves to talk guitars, 

great , I know just the guitar to take
  • I post there and do find this disappointing. Why the sudden pull? Did you query it?
    ps did you see the new stuff on facebook from Steve Mayo?
  • underdog said:
    So you post there like you do here? Because if your tone is the same I can probably spot the issue.

Most threads you start are nothing but advertisements for your products, even this thread you used to post an ad for your product while complaining about another forum.
    I am tempted to create a second account to award you more wisdom
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • andypwudtone;977709" said:
    Looking forward to meeting Paul Reed Smith in March.
    I would imagine he feels the same....
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    edited February 2016
    If a manufacturer of a product posts an independent review it is clearly no longer an independent review...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
    edited February 2016
    @chrispy108 , stonevibe is right, you lot are a laugh. So to clarify the thread disappointingly deleted was not posted by the manufacturer. It was posted by an established user on the forum who bought the manufacturers product, fitted it and chose to post their findings. Hope that helps clarify any confusion there. kind regards  
  • Deijavoo said:
    I post there and do find this disappointing. Why the sudden pull? Did you query it?

You'll have to sell up now mate.
    :p

To be fair, the forum has strict rules - if they DID think it was veiled advertising of any sort I can see why they would pull the thread. I've been told before not to discuss price, for example, so I just leave it alone.  
  • I post there and do find this disappointing. Why the sudden pull? Did you query it?
    ps did you see the new stuff on facebook from Steve Mayo?
    I'm not on facebook - do you have a link? 
  • OK I See it:

FYI they do talk about the "Mann Made bridge" a fair bit on the PRS forum too so interesting why those threads aren't pulled. It might be because you joined in and you are the creator so it looked like advertising. Like I say, they're pretty strict about it all.
  • blueskunk said:
    Damn, wudtone get no love ?
    We get plenty of a certain kind of love. If we were not delighting customers from here regularly, we would have been rumbled, kicked off, years ago. The same old names need their space for a few key board warrior laughs and we don't mind, were used to it here. It does comes with the territory where innovations which challenge the norm, especially re guitars are concerned. Peace and Love! 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
    edited February 2016
    underdog said:
    So you post there like you do here? Because if your tone is the same I can probably spot the issue.

Most threads you start are nothing but advertisements for your products, even this thread you used to post an ad for your product while complaining about another forum.
    Hi @underdogIf you have a problem with perceiving all my posts being  adverts just ignore them.

Yes I do seem to be cursed with a passion for developing innovations relating to guitars. They are to some interesting  because they may challenge established norms offer new opportunities to enjoy  or enhance their guitar journey . Customers buy them, fit them and if they really like em,  they might be motivated to kindly share that directly or send me text /pics about their experience with them and allow me to share it with others in relevant guitar related online spaces.  This is how the new world, levelled playing field of social media works isn't it? This is how guitar enthusiasts folks are nowadays helped in filtering the real tone products from the snake oil which many refer to in the context of being burnt in the past.  If you don't like it, just hit the don't give a shit button , by ignoring it. kind regards

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    andypwudtone;978724" said:
    underdog said:

Hi @underdog , If you have a problem with perceiving all my posts being  adverts just ignore them.

Yes I do seem to be cursed with a passion for developing innovations relating to guitars. They are to some interesting  because they may challenge established norms offer new opportunities to enjoy  or enhance their guitar journey . Customers

buy them, fit them and if they really like em,  they might be motivated to kindly share that directly

or send me text /pics about their experience with them and allow me to share it

with others in relevant guitar related online spaces.  This is how the new world, levelled playing field of social media works

isn't it? This is how guitar enthusiasts folks are nowadays helped in filtering the real tone products from the snake oil which many refer to in the context of being burnt in the past.  If you don't like it, just hit the don't give a shit button , by ignoring it. kind regards
    I can't because I really don't like your attitude, you post like you are the Messiah of the new world who will lead people on to a brighter future and release them from all horrible things they've had to endure before you saved them.

You are the worst kind of poster on here, you only ever join a conversation to push a product, like wood dye for a guitar is some new wonderful thing.

I honestly couldn't care how good your products were, I said a long time ago I'd never buy from you due to the attitude you showed on here towards respected builders when you first showed up.

You really do come across as some weird cult leader with no self awareness.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17602
    tFB Trader
    Andy the reason that you get people's backs up is nothing to do with being "cursed with a passion for developing innovations relating to guitars" it's more to do with the fact that 99% of your posts are thinly veiled press releases that generally skirt just inside the letter of the rules, but well outside of the spirit of them. That is when you aren't making unjustified attacks on your fellow builders (I think in this regard perhaps you could learn a lesson from Mr Reed Smith's generosity of spirit). 

I am also on the list of people who will never buy your products despite some of them looking quite interesting because of the shitty attitude you display on this site. 

Also on a more official note if you continue to post marketing material outside of the "Made in the UK" section you will have your account suspended.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 23reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.