PRESS RELEASE - WUDTONE and JAM session at the THE GUITARSHOW this weekend

andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
edited February 2016 in Made in the UK

Wudtone / JAM session at the THE GUITARSHOW

So enjoyed joining you guys at your evening Jam last year. It doesn't sound like it is happening this year which is a shame.  

We have managed to persuade Jason to allow us to host a Fun, "Battle of the Blues " Jam on the Main Stage Saturday from 3:30pm. 

The backing band is an innovative , funky Blues trio, 

After Dark Fonksters ( check out the Matt Schofield esque chops frm Alex Albrow) and then there will be some ( albeit limited) opportunity to get up on stage and play. 

Never been done before and keen to keep it about, having a go, playing guitar in a none pressured environment, just with a little element of competition for bragging rights / t-shirt, even some beers  etc.  SO if you fancy playing a few chops during this Jam session,  pay us a visit on our stand earlier in the day.

We would also like to say in advance, a huge thank you to all thefretboard customers for your continued support. It has been great year for us with many new customers from thefretboard taking the leap,  fitting our tremolos,  chipping in on threads about their experience, a huge thank you for that.

Also delighted to see fab reviews about new products such as the Wudtone UTFL ( Under tension fret  levelling system),  nut files etc. 

It seems these are set to help a lot of guitars, owned in this community, have custom shop quality fretwork, playability!

We have a few exciting guitars to try on the stand

A Wudtone PRS DD fitted custom 22

Have seen on here quite a bit of the usual PRS negatives churned out, alongside fans expressing their love etc. 

I confess, in the past, I have also struggled to connect with them. They do have a very different maple/mahogany body thickness,ratio and can struggle to compete ( e.g. in a live environment ) to the grunt and balls of a Gibson Les Paul. 

The extra dynamics, grunt and bite delivered by the Wudtone PRS DD bridge goes a looooooong way to fixing that. If you don't believe me, here is an opportunity to try it for yourself. 

We will have a small marshall plexi clone, so please try not to piss off all the other exhibitors as you cut through the mix with this guitar.  PRS fans enjoy the great, top carve looks, better upper fret access and so this can enable you to take your playing further. SO if you have not been a PRS fan come have a go. It may well transform your view of what a PRS is capable of and it has with every customer so far, transformed the dynamic of their playing.

and this Vanquish

Please handle with care !

All out grunt and bite of the classic LES PAUL sound, along with unrivalled craft from one of the UK's top luthiers, Adrian Hardman, Vanquish. It also has the kind of playability you have to experience to know, just how far it can take your playing. This is one guitar that has innovations definitely made to make you ROCK OUT! Video here. 

plus we will have a couple of  

gorgeous super light strats, with dye only and dye /pigment Wudtone finishes, we offer to help you create the same for yourself. 

Both fitted with the Wudtone trems. Heard the buzz on here about our trems, but still to actually experience them? Drop by.

SO again thank you thefretboard members for all the support.

I know some dislike our style but as mum used to say " you can't please everybody all of the time" . 

So please do not hesitate to drop by our stand and say hi and if you fancy it come and have some fun on the main stage JAM  foot note - can't promise to accommodate everyone) .

kind regards

Andy Preston

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7411
    Will definitely come and say hello :-)
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You could have borrowed either of my guitars with your finish Andy. ( Its Mark O by the way )
  • Hi Mark, thank you,  bring one with you, if your coming, join us for a Jam. cheers 
  • I'm gigging all weekend mate but I would happily lend you my Musikraft Strat with the neck you finished. It's lovely.
  • thank you and enjoy the gigs.
  • Came by the stand early Sunday morning with Dan from Harris Custom guitars, tried out the PRS and the 2 strats and just wanted to say I was dead impressed with the difference in sound and feel of the trems especially on the strats, they sounded so good. 
  • Thank you @alexcoombes , was lovely to meet you. That was some tasty playing too. Hope all goes well with the guitars.