NGD! Rory Gallagher fans enter here....

What's Hot
Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
edited December 2013 in Guitar
I've never done a NGD before... (although had plenty of NGD!)

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a555/Panama_Jack666/For Sale/IMAG0612_zpsc7d7c81f.jpg

I'm a massive Rory Gallagher fan so couldn't turn down the opportunity of this deal on here by @catthan

Unfortunately, it's not one of the 2 grand Fender versions (although they are massively overpriced!)

It's Classic Player strat body that's been upgraded with Bare Knuckle Irish Tours, Bare Knuckle pots, Callaham block & 2 point vintage trem all topped off with a bit of copper shielding.

I only bought the body and added my own neck to it. It's from a 50th anniversary strat. The only issue is the neck is pretty worn and could do with a refret soon. So in the meantime it's staying on but I might change it for a Warmoth/Mighty Mite/Genuine Fender neck down the line.

It's the first time I've ever done a setup on a guitar and I think it's gone pretty well. I even did a truss rod adjustment without the neck exploding! I wouldn't have been able to do the setup without help from people over in the making and modding section so thank you The FB community!

Expect an appearance by this guitar with a Rory upload on my You Tube channel by the end of the week, hopefully...
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Looks cool 8)

I loved the BKP Irish tour pickups I had a while back :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    Happy NGD buddy,
    she sure looks lovely and I'm very glad you like her!

Enjoy her in good health and play the tits out of her!

Atb,

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 611
    Very nice....saw Rory back in '74 think it was.... you gotta play the ass off it to relic it bit more to look like his

Enjoy

Cheers
    Baz
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 846
    Looks great mate, I'd pay for a more vintage looking neck rather than getting that re fretted. It'll really add more to it with vintage logo and tuners. Also I'd change the bridge to a six saddle but you know I like my stuff traditional >:D<
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • mmmm that is a fit bit of wood. now all you need to do is develop extremely acidic sweat, tour constantly for 100 years and wear plaid and it really will look the part! :)

gonna subscribe to your youtube and await demo!

How very rock and roll
  • mmmm that is a fit bit of wood. now all you need to do is develop extremely acidic sweat, tour constantly for 100 years and wear plaid and it really will look the part! :)

Cheers @benmurray85 ! I think acidic sweat is part of his awesomeness. Only I will achieve that level of acidity when my skill increases!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    edited December 2013
    koss59 said:
    Looks great mate, I'd pay for a more vintage looking neck rather than getting that re fretted. It'll really add more to it with vintage logo and tuners. Also I'd change the bridge to a six saddle but you know I like my stuff traditional >:D<

Yeah, I was looking at the vintage tint necks on Warmoth. It's definitely what I'm going to go for - just frustrating they bang a premium on for 'vintage'.  One thing I am going to make sure with the neck is it's fat with biggish frets and vintage tuners. Not too bothered about having it that Rory accurate!

6 point trem is potentially an upgrade down the line... I already have a 6 point trem unit floating about somewhere I think...

Will PM you in a sec - haven't text you back yet about today or tomorrow!

Cheers @benmurray85 ! I think acidic sweat is part of his awesomeness. Only I will achieve that level of acidity when my skill increases!
    haha maybe the acidity of the sweat is directly proportional to the level of talent?? who knows,maybe weve discovered the secret on these very pages??? enjoy NGD!
    How very rock and roll
  • I've got one that looks like his did when he bought it (look left) ;)
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

haha maybe the acidity of the sweat is directly proportional to the level of talent?? who knows,maybe weve discovered the secret on these very pages??? enjoy NGD!
    I reckon it's a key factor. It'll explain why my sweat has a PH level of 12.
  • Sweat typically is moderately acidic , typically between 4.5 and 7.0 pH but if you are an alcoholic it is going to be more acidic...

Of course you could just wipe the guitar over with some dilute acid every day for a year or so - if it is nitro.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sweat typically is moderately acidic , typically between 4.5 and 7.0 pH but if you are an alcoholic it is going to be more acidic...

Of course you could just wipe the guitar over with some dilute acid every day for a year or so - if it is nitro.
    For the true Rory look ;) He was a big drinker which probably was a contributed to his acidic sweat then.

Your strat is lovely. What model is it?
  • US Standard with Mother's Milks in - with that amp it is pure Frusciante.  Interestingly has a swimming-pool rout, would never have bought if I'd known, but works brilliantly.  Each of my strats is completely different  however, non-strat players would not believe how different they can be.
  • US Standard with Mother's Milks in - with that amp it is pure Frusciante.  Interestingly has a swimming-pool rout, would never have bought if I'd known, but works brilliantly.  Each of my strats is completely different  however, non-strat players would not believe how different they can be.
    Yeah, I agree. This is the 5th strat I own (although none are really high spec) and they're all very different.

Would like to hear the Frusciante tones, do you have a soundcloud/you tube?
  • All my strats are bitsacasters except that one. Right now only got a couple of MP4's of my latest gig, where I was using my mint green/rw with 57/62's) with the Orion 1 (JTM45) which is a deal cleaner/brighter - my 50's strat, where the Std + Orion 2 does a more 60's sound. Tonight I am going to give my JB strat a run out (Oly white/rw, Irish Tours with an overwound bridge).
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    ...now you will obviously want to sound like RORY too??

So - get a Boss ME-5 and dial in my RORY tone patch!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• 57Deluxe said:
    ...now you will obviously want to sound like RORY too??

So - get a Boss ME-5 and dial in my RORY tone patch!

US Std through EL84 amp (eg Artisan 15/PP18) with a touch of treble boost = Rory tone (if sadly not the chops).  The Irish Tours in the 'JB strat'  through a Marshall-type amp do that wonderful airy tone JB favours at the moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdCGdL3R0n0
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    At the risk of being pedantic, I understand that Fender have copyright on the words 'Strat' and 'Stratocaster'.  Therefore only Fender, and presumably Squier, can use the word 'Strat' to describe their guitar.  Therefore a partscaster cannot be called a 'Strat' even if it is looks like/plays/sounds like a Fender Strat!  Some companies get round this by describing their guitar as S shaped. I don't know how much of the guitar needs to be built from Fender supplied parts to meet the requirements [to be legally called a Strat], I seem to recall a thread discussing this question in the past few months.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    edited December 2013
    I have my own 'brand' and even 'models' for my bitsas. One of my bandmates said it was 'narcissistic' LOL. On the contrary says I, it keeps me out of trouble with Fender ;)